• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

antidepressants venlafaxine? servere depression

dicko89

Bluelighter
does anybody rate this drug (venlafaxine) I've always been used to sedative drugs such as mirtazapine and zoplicone,,, but now I'm on these I can not switch off at night unless I use Xanax in which I'm scared I'm going to get addicted to again as they are so relaxing especially on top of codeine and I love that bitter taste.i just don't want to take myself down that dark road yet again:(

Venlafaxine is totally stimulant! It's a SNDRI (So this means that it reuptakes all monamines like serotonin, norepiphrine, and especially dopamine from your synapses instead of just one like an SSRI like prozac or zoloft would do, reuptaking just serotonin) so it's a triple reuptake inhibititor with a really adrenegic feel, especially if you take the immediate release, ie the tablet you have to take to take three times time a day, 75 to start and then 150md three times a day for maximimum daily amount of the drug for very great effects in my opinion.

It also has additional effects on the opioid system, similarly mirtazapine.

The 75mg three times a day is mild and not enough to therapeutic effect of the drug; you need to take 150mg of the drug tid for good effect if it is the immediate release

I've only eve taken 225mg of the XR version and have found it quite effective for anxiety and depression of good scale, but with sexual side effects.

Once again it is quite stimulating.

If Effexor is not agreeing with you, tell your doctor during your next appt; explain to him that more sedating AD's work better for you, and that stimulating ones like Effexor give you insomnia. How long is it until your next appointment? Depending on how far away it is, you might be okay just using Xanax to tide you over with getting to sleep until then.

How long have you been taking venlafaxine? It might take some time for you to adjust to this medication and its effects. Agree with Ozle- if you find yourself unable to sleep, talk with your doctor and he may be able to switch you to something else.