• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Antidepressants + uppers and other recreational drugs combo

atashidake

Greenlighter
Absolutely no idea where to post these questions; hoping someone with a similar experience or some knowledge from related experience might chime in.

I have been a casual recreational drug user for many years. The past couple years I have been big into cocaine, with the occasional whippits or hallucinogen itermixed, along with benzos (lorazepam 1mg or 2mg) after to help me sleep or come down. I've also been prescribed adderall for several years, which I tend to take as needed (i.e. sometimes a lot).

Recently, I've begun to take antidepressants, starting with Zoloft (sertraline) and then added Wellbutrin. Still taking the adderall as needed. I understand that Wellbutrin can decrease the seizure threshold, which is why I am wondering if there are substances that I should be more wary of than others and in what amount. I tend to go all out with both coke and whipppits when they are available, drink energy drinks and take adderall daily, plus often a benzo or trazadone at night. I've decided not to use MDMA since starting an SSRI.

Essentially, I have always been a low-energy person who has been through tons of doctors' appts and trial periods only to become a bit of a "stimulant junkie" in the way that energy drinks, adderall, and my antidepressants finally work beautifully together to make me functional and make my life better. I've realized though that the amount different of substances I'm currently putting in my body on a regular basis is getting a bit extreme.

Pretty much: Can anyone tell me if they've dealt with this many different things at once, and how the dangers of things like seizures fit in? They've never been a big concern for me before; though I have always had a mixture of prescriptions, recreational drugs, and a lot of alcohol, I've always been in great health, but I'm in new territory with the antidepressants. So far I'm only feeling better, but I'd prefer to avoid any hospital bills if I can.

Comments? Anecdotes? Advice?