• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anticholingeric Question

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
Can somebody explain to me, in a sample straight forward way, what anticholinergic drugs are? What are their purpose?

Are they dangerous in higher than the recommended amounts?

Tonight I took 150mg diphenhydramine and 50mg Promethazine, and my vision went blurry. Is that a normal response?

I mix all these together to take in one dose. Each of them I'm taking mor than the recommended amount.

I mix Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, Gabapentin, Dihydrocodeine, Tramadol, Morphine, Doxylamine, Diazepam, Fluoxetine, Propranolol, Bisoprolol and others!

I know some of the drugs above aren't recreational, but I will take any drug that caused CNS depression or that slows down bodily functions (heart rate, blood pressure, ever)

Can somebody explain to me, in a sample straight forward way, what anticholinergic drugs are?
-anticholinergic drugs are chemicals which block the acetylcholine receptors from properly working. The type of anticholinergics your refering to work by blocking muscarinic acetylcholine receptors.

What are their purpose? They play a important role in dialating pupils for eye exams, treating acute trouble breathing, acting as pressors in emergencies ie shock to drive up blood pressure and heart rate, to relax the muscles under anesthesia, and to treat tremor in parkinsons and in people given antipsychotics

Are they dangerous in higher than the recommended amounts?
They are extremely dangerous there is reason they are so heavily used in life saving medicine because they have a rapid profound effect on essential bodily functions. Higher than recommended doses can cause hypertension, rapid pulse, irregular heart rates, fainting, delusions, paranoia, hallucinations, amnesia and death.

Tonight I took 150mg diphenhydramine and 50mg Promethazine, and my vision went blurry. Is that a normal response?
Yes diphenhudramine by blocking the muscarinic receptors causes the pupils to dialate which reduces the ability of your eyes to accommodate your vision resulting in a blurry vision.

I mix Promethazine, Diphenhydramine, Gabapentin, Dihydrocodeine, Tramadol, Morphine, Doxylamine, Diazepam, Fluoxetine, Propranolol, Bisoprolol and others!

Fluoxetine inhibits a enzyme p450 cyp 2d6 strongly taking benadyrl with it could easily cause a overdose resulting in blood levels many times higher than expected.

Doxylamine and promethazine may further increase unpleasant effects of diphenhydramine via similar mechanisms of action esp doxylamine

Combining with opiates or gabapentin increases your risk of amnesia.

anticholingerics inhibit the organic chemical acetylcholine, its function is a neurotransmitter in humans. imbalances with it can result in muscle weakness, fatigue, and even other things.

drugs that effect the level of acetylocholine in your body can have some serious effects - one of them being paralysis,.

i know i've said this to you before, so please forgive me for repeating it but the amount of drugs you mix together is rather high - worrying even.
but who am i tosay -
anyway, i hope you're well.

Last edited: