• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anticholinergics and super-dry skin?

markanders7

Bluelighter
The medications I take that have an anti-cholinergic effect are Seroquel (800mg/day), Cyclizine (300mg/day) and Diphenhydramine (300mg-400mg/day).

I know it's a lot and I do experience Anticholinergic Toxicity on a daily basis (my short-term memory, word recall and ability to keep a chain of thought or speech are all pretty much nonexistant. I am considerably worse than my grandmother who has dementia; even she gets frustrated my non-sequitors, wondering thoughs etc).
I deal with it as a neccesary evil (I REALLY need the meds, enough so that I'm willing to put up with such side-effects) but this skin thing is so bad.

It started as dandruff on my eyebrows (lol) and gradually spreading across my cheeks and under my eyes. Then I got horrendous dandruff. Now my entire face is dry enough to be red and peeling. My whole body is constantly itchy but for some reason my head bares the brunt of it.

I tried 2 over-the-counter creams and then 2 prescription-strength dry skin creams from my doctor. Nothing. The strongest one works, but I have to wear so much of it my face is super-greasy which makes me feel really unclean and it wears off as soon as it sinks in.

Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

You need 300 mg of cyclizine and 300-400 mg of benadyrl? Im surprised your able to even talk. Anyway i rub my body down after showring with vegetable oil abd petroleum jelly with a small amount of rubbing alcohol to mix it in otherwise my skin is bright red and dry.

Anticholinergic Toxicity will eventually kill you..

How can it kill you? I can take up to 600mg diphenhydramine a day (NOT a common thing, just very occasional, Usually 400mg)) and the worst I've gotten from it is mild visual disturbances/hallucinations. My short-term memory and coordination are gone. I had no idea it could KILL you.

Cardiovascular dysfunction it blocks sodium ion cjannels causes tachycardia and alters qt interval. Id ger a ekg to make sure your heart isfiring correctly

Would the fact that I'm also bulimic make the heart thing worse, or is it an unconnected sort of problem?

I think so if you keep vomming i believe i believe that causes severe potassium and sodium and calcium and chloride abnormalities which uour heart used as ions to work vorrectly and benafyrl messes with potassium ion and sodium ion channels in your heart and indirectly influence calcium related signaling and can cause abnormal muscle cramps or lactic acid build up and massive depletion of sodium and potassium could make acidosis from sympathetic related muscle breakdiwn way worse because benadyrl feels like a sedatove but yo your heart and muscles it acts like a stimulant

You might be interested in googling these

Drug induced Metabollic acidosis
Bulemia life threatening potassium deficiency
Diphenhydramine cardiac arthymia sodium channel blockade

Thank you for all the help. Am researching these things you said to google and it's really interesting.

Btw i found after taking benadyrl just rubbing vegetable oil all over like lotion almost completely prevents the dry itchy skin.notbeven alot i use like a tablebspoon and just keep rubbing it in till its basically super thinn over the entire body basically invisible.