• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anti psychotic medications and SSRI and wanting to take ecstasy.

Narco09

Greenlighter
Ok, here we go.

I used to do a lot of ecstasy in 2002-2010. Then had psychosis, had to start anti psychotic medications, later startet SSRi medication for depression. I would love to use XTC again, miss it, but it doesnt work when on medication.
Is it safe to taper off from my medications(The SSRI for good and antipsychotic for few weeks) so i can do it again? Ive had only one psychosis, so i dont have schichophrenia and its over 10 years from my psychosis. Is there a risk that when i stop my medication i will go to psychosis? How about the XTC, can XTC be so overwhelming that it triggers psychosis?

I miss so bad the super-euphoria XTC gives and would love to go some club and do XTC, but i don't want to end up in psychosis.

i wouldnt mess with your scripts, if i were you, but i understand your desire, if you taper,talk to doctors, if not id wait a good while before taking XTC, i loved X , but my brain didnt always function properly the next day, most likely do to excess and no sleep, not the moonwalking on the dance floor for hours, this was 30 yrs ago ez,and very good shit, im sure you will get great advice from the pro`s, be careful and wise to ask these Q`s, best of luck in all things

I'm surprised you've been on antipsychotics for so long after just one episode. Have you tried tapering off before? Yes there is a risk of psychosis if you stop, higher if you go cold turkey, so taper very slowly. All you can really do is give it a try and see how you react.

Don't taper both at once. Try the antipsychotic first maybe? I'd be more concerned with stopping the SSRI to be honest but it depends on the reasons for your depression and if they have changed. You might feel fine now and that could simply be because the meds are working and that you need them.

Hard to say dude. Talking to your doc would be best.