• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anti-molecules applications in psychiatry and better living trough quantum chemistry

SpiralusSancti

Bluelighter
Assuming that we'll one day be able to produce ant-molecules, as in molecules composed of anti-particles that's potentially a whole new venue for medicine, psychiatry included.
Given that anti-molecules act same as anti-atoms and anti-subatomic particles that would mean that in contact with molecule, SAME molecule, they vanish, cancel each-other. Do we know for a fact that anti-hydrogen cancels out hydrogen, afik yes. But what we do not know and given existence of human race can be prolonged indefinitely we'll likely find out. Unless we do factory reset every few thousand years or so and regress back to some less scientific times. We don't know at how big scale, and if all anti-something becomes so big that matter and anti-matter stops fading out of world or whatever when in contact. So far we know anti-subatomic particles (could there be exceptions? cuz how so universe and such questions?) and hydrogen do so. So it's really safe to assume that anti-carbon and carbon would do so. But what about graphite and diamonds? Which are essentially one big molecule. What % of impurities if any in a diamond or other form of carbon is enough to stop it. If none does that might allow for 3d printing molecules in a elegant fashion? You know what I mean? That's ofc with assumption that inside ant-diamond there can be atoms and not only anti-atoms..
Back to the topic. So we make anti-Li. Is it possible that flooding brain (and unless you inject into brain body too) with Li for a very short amount of time with a lot of Li works well for something, and it might I'm almost positive. Administration of anti-Li might allow for that. It might allow restarting use of some therapies with Li salts that were abandoned cuz of Li toxicity in doses required and sometimes that was a lot. Just remember people were using grams of LiCl as NaCl substitute and while that caused various health problems it wasn't nowhere as bad as one would expect from daily ODing on strong psychiatric medicine!!! Li is finite resource atm and it sure is useful and it's sure cheaper to store Li than create it "from the scratch". At least until we don't get HHC size of a planet or solar systems so printing elements in bulk becomes a thing.
And at that day we'll have anti-fentanyls too. Since by than we'll have analogues gazilion times stronger in usa offspring, might in ODs administering anti-fantalogue with naloxone help? Somehow it's intuitive to think not and if anti-molecules could be useful in ODs it's more likely that use for alcohols and other low potency drugs. The less potent the drug more useful would be such hypothetical treatment.
Another possible great use of anti-molecules would be with synthesized anti-cortisol, anti-adrenalin etc. And depending on how much it takes for cortisol and anti-cortisol to bump into each-other it might be useful either as a immediate treatment or medicine with prolonged effects.
Synthesizing whole anti-receptors and delivering them to brain could be helpful for up/down-regulation of some receptors.

Wouldn't the anti molecules need to be created by the equivalent real molecules? By the time we can in anyway mass produce anti matter I imagine people will have implants that can counteract most poisons or overdoses anyway. Recreational highs will probably just be brain interface devices rather than synthetic chemicals. Antimatters main hypothetical draw is energy storage at the moment I think

Let's talk quantum entanglement. And how I can feel your migraine.

I thought antimatter and matter annihilate eachother
Yes they do. At least anti-subatomic particles tested so far and anti-H do so definitely. It would be expected that same goes for anti-molecules. So I imagine that something like anti-cortisol might be useful.

But would some molecule composed of anti-matter annihilate such molecule that's composed of matter but is a different isomer, and would anti-diamond annihilate anti-graphite and such questions still can't be answered by high level of certainty.

Yes they do. At least anti-subatomic particles tested so far and anti-H do so definitely. It would be expected that same goes for anti-molecules. So I imagine that something like anti-cortisol might be useful.

But would some molecule composed of anti-matter annihilate such molecule that's composed of matter but is a different isomer, and would anti-diamond annihilate anti-graphite and such questions still can't be answered by high level of certainty.
They release a huge amount of energy when the annihilate each other.