• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Anti-depressants and MDMA: Expansion

This is an older thread, but I wanted to comment since I'm on Prozac (20mg/day), have been for about six months. For me Prozac has lifted a veil off of my life overall, and I do not feel numb emotionally at all. Sex drive is as strong as ever (though getting to the "end" sometimes takes longer). I just sweat a lot when I'm sleeping, which does suck. I hope to not stay on it or years, but the tradeoffs are worth it to me at the moment.

I finally rolled the other night since I have been taking Prozac, and needed two pills (usually only need one) to really get off the ground. They were Mollys. The first pill felt really weird -- I had a feeling of connection with others, but that would alternate with wanting to be on my own and an overall feeling of not wanting to dance...though all of it was very pleasant. I decided to take a second one after about three hours and I felt off the hook! Was dancing like crazy, hugging people like crazy, etc....just like some of my early days with E (I've dropped about 30 times over the past 14 years, which is quite a small amount compared to most I know who use it).

I guess it varies from person to person, as many of said here. There is SO much science/pseudoscience on both sides of the fence as far as antidepressants, with both sides having solid arguments and even facts behind them...so who the hell knows.

Hi, I'm repyling to the first few posts about taking SSRI's and MDMA. I've been on and off SSRI's of one form or another for years, on low doses (mainly). I recently was put on Fluoxetine (low dose) and I can honestly say that taking pure MDMA on Fluoxetine has been more than fine! :) If I take pills which 'pretend' they're ecstasy it does take me more than others (not on SSRI's) to feel the effects - but pure MDMA (or at least what I get - when I do - which isn't that often anymore as I'm 40!) Does give me all the lovely feelings! In fact I'm on holiday now and on MDMA now and having an amazing time! :-D x

Hello Everyone,

I haven't seen anyone discuss Amitryptaline yet, or any of the TCA's for that matter, so I'm going to throw in my 2 cents.
I'm on a very low dose of 1x 10mg Amitryptaline per day for chronic pain. This is not anywhere near the dosage used for anti-depressent effect which is in the average range of 50-150. I thought that because my TCA dosage is so low that I could roll (that it wouldn't inhibit the efficacy of MDMA) with about 80mg clean MDMA, but alas, it had very little to no effect (effect, if any, was just below my radar and could barely notice it).
I don't expect anyone to have magic answers for me here, and my guess is that I need to take more MDMA in order to be effected. Perhaps I am underestimating the power of even a low dose of Amitryptaline to alter the serotogenic mechanisms, afterall, it's enough to help with my chronic pain so it must be enough to inhibit MDMA's efficacy.
Does this make sense to anyone? Anyone have any thoughts or personal experiences on TCA's they could share for good measure?

Thanks!

hi,
i was taking stelminal-TCA for a year (20mg per day).
i stopped taking the antideppressants 2 months ago, i have tried mdma 3 times since then , and i am unable to roll.
the last time i tried a double dose (1/4 gram) - i am less than 50 kilos btw- and the effects were not intense at all...
if you have any idea of how long it will take to get normal again let me know...

TCA recovery is likely longer than SSRIs due to their broad spectrum of action. Amitriptyline at 20mg a day sounds incredibly low (it's prescribed here for sleep at 50mg) though, are you taking any other medications? Anyway amitriptyline hits an incredibly wide range of receptors, I have no idea how long it takes for those receptors to reset after cessation.

Does anyone know of the Effects of mdma and vortexotine?

vortioxetine's strongest action is blocking the serotonin transporter, like ssris, so i'd expect it to block the effects of mdma. it also might alter the effects, possibly in unexpected and dangerous ways, as it binds to and acts on a wide variety of serotonin receptors. that includes the 5-HT1A receptor, where vortioxetine is an agonist just like buspirone, that seeminly doesn't play too well with mdma.
so the combination is most likely either pointless, dangerous, or both...