• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Another Pharmacy Linked to Potentially Contaminated Steroids

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Healthcare providers should not administer any products labeled as sterile from Main Street Family Pharmacy, LLC, of Newbern, Tennessee, and should quarantine them until further notice, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said today.

The agency said it is working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Tennessee Board of Pharmacy to investigate reports of 7 adverse events associated with steroid injections compounded by the company.

"The reports of adverse events are all from patients who received preservative free methylprednisolone acetate (80 mg/mL) by injection." the FDA said.

"Clinical information about these patients is pending; at least 1 of these infections appears to be fungal in nature," the agency noted.

An investigation into the exact source of these adverse events is ongoing, "but these cases are associated with a potentially contaminated medication," the FDA said.

As part of the ongoing investigation, the FDA said it will "thoroughly review the sterile practices at Main Street."

cont at
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/804774

yeah this kind of thing seems to be happening a lot lately. I recently got a call from my pharmacist telling me to bring back any seroquel i had from February as it had been found to have traces of antibiotics which would manifest symptoms like hives, rashes, which i had, at the time i thought it was from opiates or something.

guess you can't fix human error. I wish i could sue the bastards, maybe i could but i'm sure they could afford a bit better of a lawyer than I. In this case, the people with adverse reactions, or even not, can they take legal action against the pharmacy?