View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Another LSD myth?

cj

Bluelight Crew
I got some paper off this older guy who used to big in the jam scene the other day. He told me to drop the hits into a shot of grain alcohol like wiskey or vodka for 10 minutes before dosing. He said it levels out the come up and the associated stomach weirdness strong doses of LSD tend to bring out. In all my time reading up on LSD I have never heard anyone else mention this so I assume it's bullshit. But I am interested enough to ask. So any potential truth to this? Or is it just another old lot legend.

Maybe he's right. A shot of alcohol might ease any pre-trip or comeup nerves, the lsd should dissolve in the alcohol & possibly make it easier to absorb too.

Maybe he's right. A shot of alcohol might ease any pre-trip or comeup nerves, the lsd should dissolve in the alcohol & possibly make it easier to absorb too.

This...! Just make sure it's LSD first like busters pointed out!

I'd take it orally and see what it tastes like. If its bitter, its a spitter. If it IS bitter then its probs gonna be an nbome, and u can obv decide from there If u wanna take it or not, but the alcohol will mellow it out either way.

forget what its called but hes trying to get you to do the high% alcohol (less anxious) trip method
common in the jam scene (not sure which includes you)

like ever hear of whisky washed vials or something of the likes... something something juice?

I think the main reason for this advice rests with the fact that LSD will dissolve in the alcohol and items in solution are generally absorbed more rapidly. How this translates to less anxiety and nausea I am unsure, because I think a quick comeup is more likely to cause both. So that aspect of this does seem mythical indeed.

I'd take it orally and see what it tastes like. If its bitter, its a spitter. If it IS bitter then its probs gonna be an nbome, and u can obv decide from there If u wanna take it or not, but the alcohol will mellow it out either way.

But, using this method, the ROA would still be oral, and NBOME's don't seem to work especially well orally. Of course, the other chems that get sold as LSD are generally orally active, so grain of salt take.

Weed is better for taking the edge off LSD, in my experience. Don't get blasted on weed but just have a little bit before taking the hit, then lay back and relax.

Other than that, the guy is full of shit and probably trying to conceal something that isn't LSD at all.

Appreciate the feedback guys. I don't think the guy is trying to pass of nbomb but you never know I guess. I'm going to dose on thursday so I guess I will find out.

I think the main reason for this advice rests with the fact that LSD will dissolve in the alcohol and items in solution are generally absorbed more rapidly. How this translates to less anxiety and nausea I am unsure, because I think a quick comeup is more likely to cause both. So that aspect of this does seem mythical indeed.

I suppose it's conceivable that blotter could take longer to come on than LSD-infused alcohol, but that once they do it's more abrupt and anxiogenic.

I don't think so personally, I find LSD to have the smoothest, fluffiest come up of all time. One shot of low percent ethanol isn't even enough to get most people really buzzed, which could also decrease come up jitters!