• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

ancestry

dalpat077

Bluelighter
is thee anybody here who has tried one of these services that can track an trace your ancestry based on a dna sample and that came back wirh plausible and believable results i.e. didn't come back with some nonsense like you were somehow tied to a cabbage somewhere.

any recommendations anybody?

i've been looking them up and mostly when i read reviews there are complaints by those that have used the service.

i would have gone with NationalGeographic's human genome project but from what i gather that came to an end somewhere around 2015 so that's that.

conversely; any of them to explicitly stay away from (due to a bad or questionable experience)?

NOT asking for a friend i.e. this for me as i have a requirement for this information about myself.

thanking you in advance.

I'm a super mix, I'm mestizo....and super proud of it. 👍 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

I was always told I was half French half German growing up. Did one of those popular tests and it turns out I'm mostly Irish and German. I do have an Americanized French last name... But literally zero French blood. Weird.

Also had random 5% genetics of random stuff like eastern European, Jewish and like 0.1% native American

Im not going to answer the question either 😂
I sent my sample in to myhertaige and they said hey need another sample mine was degraded or some bullshit so I was like ok got the new box and sent it in and they were like do you have this code? I threw out the fucking code. So they sent me another one and I left it for so long that they were like nope it expired you have to buy a new one for $25 (ripoff artists)
I decided at that point the universe was telling me I didn’t need to know. I’m adopted so I really have no idea. Fuck it! some things are better left to the imagination.
Im only bummed that I gave them copious amounts of dna and have nothing to show for it.
my opinion don’t go through my heritage

Im not going to answer the question either 😂
I sent my sample in to myhertaige and they said hey need another sample mine was degraded or some bullshit so I was like ok got the new box and sent it in and they were like do you have this code? I threw out the fucking code. So they sent me another one and I left it for so long that they were like nope it expired you have to buy a new one for $25 (ripoff artists)
I decided at that point the universe was telling me I didn’t need to know. I’m adopted so I really have no idea. Fuck it! some things are better left to the imagination.
Im only bummed that I gave them copious amounts of dna and have nothing to show for it.
my opinion don’t go through my heritage
Well to a degree you have indeed answeried the question and thank you for thati.e. MyHeritage being one of these outfits I’ve been cautioned about using. SYour experience very similar story to what somebody else in real life told me just the other day when I started on this kick. Am waiting for their results as they are testing them out for accuracy and validityI.e. two sisters, having submitted the necessary at the exact same time and waiting to see if the results differ widely between the two. Should be interesting. Unless one of the parents were up to no good at some point in time: both results should be similar no?

I am also adopted and this but one of the reasons for this and my daughter has some type of assignment and requirement to know. Asking me questions that I simply cannot answer.. I can only rely on hearsay and third or fourth hand information as it pertains to where the fuck I come from. And it can be a major issue in some circles particularly medically speaking. When I am asked about medical conditions that may or may not run in the family I have to respond with a blank look or shrug of the shoulders although I suspect that none of these types of tests are going to shed that type of light on the subject of medical and inherited conditions if I Am not mistaken specific screening for certain conditions is needed.

Is my knowing going to change anything? I doubt it.Could be you find out something that you don’t really wanna know: there’s always that possibility of course. But it’s important enough to me to take the chance.If I come right and find something reliable and that could be (appears to be)(but how would you know of course) credible then obviously I will update this thread.Thanks to the three of you for responding. Much appreciated.