• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

An interesting read on Opium antiquities

That was a cool read, I tried opium a few times and didn't know how to smoke it in a pipe, me and my ex went to a headshop looking for some sort of pipe but they only had normal ones

He made us joints in the end, I also ate some and smoked the residue off the foil we got the opium in, it didn't run or anything like heroin but there wasn't much opium on the foil, and smoking it that way reminded me of when I was a heroin addict,

So we was making a joint, the foil I'd been smoking off was on the table too and my ex's door goes, his customer walks in and wants to buy weed, he asks what that funny smell was, then looks down at the table we're sat next too and see's burnt foil and I know he'll judge me if he knew we was smoking opium but my ex didn't care, he was such a show off, he blabbed away saying we're smoking opium, fucksake then I see the foil and I get all defensive saying it's not heroin it's not heroin, he said that's what he first thought when he seen it

Fucksake I felt like a junkie it really did look like gear lol

to be perfectly fair smoking opium is probably just as bad as smoking heroin, you may have to smoke more opium of course but at the end of the day both will result in morphine binding to opioid receptors in your brain.

I note opium can also be smoked in a little "sandwich" with cannabis in a bong/pipe. Layer of weed, layer of opium, then more weed.

to be perfectly fair smoking opium is probably just as bad as smoking heroin, you may have to smoke more opium of course but at the end of the day both will result in morphine binding to opioid receptors in your brain

It was weird, I felt a bit anxious and jittery on it, not calm like heroin, more like oramorph in the fact it made me upper high in a way, a bit stimulating

I then needed K to level me out lol

Gus, I think this is interesting, but it is pretty mistaken on some major points. Opium is very common in the Golden Cresent and the Golden Triangle and their respective peripheries.

It seemed pretty easy to get in both Cambodia and Iraq. Maybe it is not smoked using the same historical processes as the equipment is often pretty bulky and delicate

to be perfectly fair smoking opium is probably just as bad as smoking heroin, you may have to smoke more opium of course but at the end of the day both will result in morphine binding to opioid receptors in your brain.

I note opium can also be smoked in a little "sandwich" with cannabis in a bong/pipe. Layer of weed, layer of opium, then more weed.
People sleep on that oil burner (what most call a meth pipe).

I've done both and Heroin is obviously more addictive, hands down (I mean, it is refined from Opium gum obv). I found Opium almost acted like a mild dissociative of sorts (prob the alkaloids). I lived in Vientiane, Laos for about a year and it was readily available. Never been a fan of any sort of pipe, but I learned less was more with opium. I treated it like hash initially (in a spliff w/ some weed), but I'm sure I wasted a lot of material. The trick was using a tiny amount with some tobacco and a tiny bit of weed at the head of the spliff and letting the residue run down the thing throughout.

Gus, I think this is interesting, but it is pretty mistaken on some major points. Opium is very common in the Golden Cresent and the Golden Triangle and their respective peripheries.

It seemed pretty easy to get in both Cambodia and Iraq. Maybe it is not smoked using the same historical processes as the equipment is often pretty bulky and delicate

Can confirm, readily available in Laos and BKK with some searching. P.S. Hope you're doing better man.

I got Confessions of an Opium Eater by Thomas De Quincey in physical. That book is the fucking shitttt, my fav book about Opium.

Interesting, shoot me a link if it's good :)

I've done both and Heroin is obviously more addictive, hands down (I mean, it is refined from Opium gum obv). I found Opium almost acted like a mild dissociative of sorts (prob the alkaloids). I lived in Vientiane, Laos for about a year and it was readily available. Never been a fan of any sort of pipe, but I learned less was more with opium. I treated it like hash initially (in a spliff w/ some weed), but I'm sure I wasted a lot of material. The trick was using a tiny amount with some tobacco and a tiny bit of weed at the head of the spliff and letting the residue run down the thing throughout.

That is awesome that you lived in Vientiane. I worked in Phnomh Penh for a year and I had always wanted to take an extended trip.

There isnt a lot of Opium use in tourist-filled areas, but to the majority of poor SE Asians, it is both the cheapest, most effective and most available medicines there are.

The worst part about SE Asia are the tourists. Kiwis and Aussies on spring break. They make a lot of noise and somehow end up dead, all the time, on what are known as lazy-rivers. Or, maybe one went down a natural, stone rock slide head first, breaks his neck and is legally dead before touching the water.

I was a tourist too though so I cant talk. I loved and appreciate greatly the culture of any foreign spot, but I didnt go to Cambodia purely because they needed it most, Iraq either. I wanted to help and I did help, but I also chose these places for the ready availability of Opiates.

I think people like myself ultimately and spring-breakers blur the line of what is and is not a true representation of that country.

That is awesome that you lived in Vientiane. I worked in Phnomh Penh for a year and I had always wanted to take an extended trip.

There isnt a lot of Opium use in tourist-filled areas, but to the majority of poor SE Asians, it is both the cheapest, most effective and most available medicines there are.

The worst part about SE Asia are the tourists. Kiwis and Aussies on spring break. They make a lot of noise and somehow end up dead, all the time, on what are known as lazy-rivers. Or, maybe one went down a natural, stone rock slide head first, breaks his neck and is legally dead before touching the water.

I was a tourist too though so I cant talk. I loved and appreciate greatly the culture of any foreign spot, but I didnt go to Cambodia purely because they needed it most, Iraq either. I wanted to help and I did help, but I also chose these places for the ready availability of Opiates.

I think people like myself ultimately and spring-breakers blur the line of what is and is not a true representation of that country.

Right on. I grew up in Asia, it was my stomping ground in my formative years. Funnily enough I never made it to Cambodia. I lived in Chiang Mai (N.Thailand) for 2 years (still have a lot of ties there in the DJ community and my Dad lives there) and Vientiane for 1. I grew up in Beijing, China though as a UK/US citizen.

You're definitely right in thinking the spring-break-type-loutish-assholes do a disservice to the rest of us. Also, I think I'm semi-guilty of being a drug tourist. I know I did a lot of good in those places too, but the OTC Valium, the Lao Kao (Rice-based moonshine), Opium and methamphetamine didn't necessarily help or hurt either.

I'm fascinated by your involvement in the Middle East though, that and S.America and the African continent are big blind spots for me. I've been to a fair number of countries though, about 38 at last count.