View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

An honest opinion on LSD, please share

ikiwi9

Greenlighter
I'm interested in the substance LSD. I finally got my hands on it, I've read tons of information about it but there are still quite a few things that bother me.

Last year, I took a lot of ecstasy which resulted in a depressive mindset of mine. This happened because I was unaware of the fact how it can cause damage to the neuro-receptors. So, my question is: Does LSD harm the brain and its receptors? I know that there isn't much research on this topic, so please go from your experience. What I am looking for is a spiritual experience, not too overwhelming though because I work and will start university soon, and not the usual high. If you have something to share, please do! :)

I don't have any scientific data to back this up - but in my opinion/experience, LSD is more physically benign than MDMA.
Acid is probably a more challenging experience for most people than MDMA is, but i generally feel refreshed after taking LSD - rathet than the depressive comedown ("suicide tuesday") than MDMA is known for.

I'm not a big fan of MDMA, but love LSD. Just be respectful in the way you approach it, and LSD can be very rewarding.
LSD is not a neurotoxic chemical, as far as i am aware.

mdma burns you out in typical amphetamine stimulant fashion with overuse

lsd is more likely to cause problems from a bad trip but i prefer that risk to the guaranteed shit mood after mdma use anyday.

watch out cos lsd can trigger manic episodes etc in my experience but is still very fun. the key thing is to sleep at the end which can be hard

lsd is more likely to cause problems from a bad trip but i prefer that risk to the guaranteed shit mood after mdma use anyday.

watch out cos lsd can trigger manic episodes etc in my experience but is still very fun. the key thing is to sleep at the end which can be hard
Yeah, i agree with all of the above points :)

In my research on the subject and my personal experience, LSD does not have any permanent physical alterations to the mind or body the way that MDMA and other stimulants do. In fact, if you look at a chart of common recreational drugs and their relative addiction potential as well as toxicity, LSD and psilocybin are two of the safest drugs on the planet. You're more likely to have an addiction or physical manifestations of issues with cannabis than you are LSD.

Knowing this can help you from thinking you'll ever die on LSD. You would need to eat dozens of sheets of acid to get anywhere near an overdose. Always remember: it's just a drug, and you are not dying!

And most importantly, have fun man! LSD is easily my favorite drug of all time, and yet I only do it once every 2-3 months. Truly a unique substance!

P.S. If it's bitter, it's a spitter!

Last year, I took a lot of ecstasy which resulted in a depressive mindset of mine. This happened because I was unaware of the fact how it can cause damage to the neuro-receptors. So, my question is: Does LSD harm the brain and its receptors?

The answer to this question is almost unequivocally "no." LSD at recreational doses is non-toxic, and certainly does not expose the brain to damage in the same way that MDMA does.

In the modern world, though, LSD is not the only thing sold on blotters. Make sure you reagent test your drugs, or all this advice is not very useful.

Thank you all very much. It's a relief that it doesn't do such a damage to the brain. I'll definitely do a test on the substance!

I can't believe it took 4 posts before someone said "no." LSD is not neurotoxic; all available objective data supports this conclusion.

Also: Doing MDMA once, even in a high dose, is unlikely to cause permanent neuropathy. The brain is resilient, especially at the age at which people are likely to consume such drugs, and so long as you don't abuse them - your brain will most likely be fine.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/11/drugs_cause_most_harm

On that link you can see the harm of every drugs, lsd and magic mushrooms are the less harmful drugs we have. The only side effect is that people sharing some features with the psychotic mental disorders are more likely to experiment bad trips and it's possible that someone that isn't schizophrenic or has another psychotic disorder yet, develops the disorder after the bad trip.
For personal experience I quote LSD (as also mushrooms) as the best drug. Obviously not for regular use, this could be dangerous. For regular use marijuana is the best to me. LSD is so much fun and while you are tripping you have some skills you normally dont have so it's really amazing so see, perceive things different. It's also amazing how easily you can think about things and you do it in different way than normally.

I like it, I don't believe in all the hippy hocus pocus or bad trips (that's just me though.) I'll dump 5-10 tabs and enjoy my day, I like to fuck on it when the opportunity arises. Mixes good with dissociatives. I'll drop xanax bars if I'm trying to turn up in a social setting to loosen up. One summer 3-5 years ago (lost track) I ate acid every day and was acting kind of foolish at the end (offering to pay for beer at the liquor store with a couple tabs I had in my pocket etc.)

MDMA burns you out way worse then amphetamines with regular use. What do you mean regular use, daily? I'd probably end up committing suicide.

I find it interesting that the OP says "I want a spiritual experience" and then qualifies that so that there is no interference with future study and work.

Certainly many of those who use LSD have made such declarations, and popular culture treats psychedelic exploits as a form of spiritual consumption.
Something you can buy and consume providing lasting mind expansion, or at least souvenirs form mind expanding experiences.

Not everyone is satisfied, and since there is no customer satisfaction hot line, and no warranty do not count on the results you intend to achieve.

I would have to say that any exploration of psychedelic mind and personal psychology has to be a goal that you hold higher than other things or do not engage.
If it is not core to your interests I think it will detract from your focus on other things.
If your concern is in other things LSD experimentation is not something that you can begin with any guarantee that it will not overflow onto those other activities you also intend to explore.

Certainly many of those who use LSD have made such declarations, and popular culture treats psychedelic exploits as a form of spiritual consumption.

...and since there is no customer satisfaction hot line...

^^^ I just imagined it pretty vividly!.. "Hi! This is one of your customers and I wanted to complain that the last time I smoked DMT, instead of God, there were some strange scary creatures and now I feel all synthetic and fake!.." =D

And I agree wholeheartedly that stuff like LSD could be "fun" to try for some but only those who are explorers at heart go deeper IMO :)

As said already: LSD doesn't do damage, at least not in that way (psychological trauma is not out of the question, of course it hardly ever is, but it catalyzes many things).

Curiously, some people say that the MDMA comedown can be partially psychological, in that if you anticipate and accept the 'lower' state afterwards it doesn't really have to be a problem. And I think I partially agree: some of the harm is from constantly thinking something is wrong about that.

Serious damage should only come from exceedingly high and frequent dosage and/or in susceptible persons. IMHO
Serious mood issues I guess likewise, in susceptible individuals and when your baseline and reference isn't framed appropriately and you let yourself get dragged down a lot by being a bit more down-ish.

This is not to be insensitive to people who don't feel well for quite some time after MDMA (I am talking longer than say 10-14 days?) or depression for that matter... I only thought about it this way not too long before the latest time I took it, which is a while back. It did seem to make a big difference so this is pretty much: IME.

honest opinion - would rather have eth-lad (extremely better in every aspect for me) and/or ald-52 (the differece is slight but if I got to choose), but it is pretty awesome

I prefer ETH-LAD too but to come back to the OP: if you can get LSD that should be fine, if it's difficult for you the novel analogues could be a way to get some extra legal distance, and also sure they are worth experimenting with and you might like them very much and come to prefer one of them.
Ikiwi might actually really love AL-LAD considering how friendly and positive it tends to be.

They are all spiritual, but the intenser ones have more potential for the experience to be extraordinary when you go and meditate a bit while on them.

IMO it depends on your experience level, not simply what you can handle, but how much routine from experience allows you to manage not the trip but how far you let it take you. When I had less experience I had more to learn and that could result in taking on more than I could handle. On the other hand if you have learned that, just using some reasonable titration should allow you to use these lysergamides just the way you intended.

Sometimes unforeseen things happen, things that can affect you deeply, that can be shocking, but also other things that elevate your spirits. I now have most trips going as expected but with options to gain the advantage of creating magical moments. Meditating, in nature, or wrestling and playing around with the weird thought patterns, trying to be creative with them...

Just go steady, they are allies. But check your mindset and setting before you rek yourself.

I'm interested in the substance LSD. I finally got my hands on it, I've read tons of information about it but there are still quite a few things that bother me.

Last year, I took a lot of ecstasy which resulted in a depressive mindset of mine. This happened because I was unaware of the fact how it can cause damage to the neuro-receptors. So, my question is: Does LSD harm the brain and its receptors? I know that there isn't much research on this topic, so please go from your experience. What I am looking for is a spiritual experience, not too overwhelming though because I work and will start university soon, and not the usual high. If you have something to share, please do! :)

It's better to discover it for yourself, asking people and reading articles may ruin your expectations and lead you to bad trip, don't overhelm yourself with information and options of other people.
Discover this wonderful world by yourself.
Peace!

(Lsd and shrooms are the safest, with perfect midset)

LSD and other psychedelics do not cause damage in the brain. MDMA can burn you out badly because it releases serotonin, which depletes you. Whereas LSD and other psychedelics are simply serotonin agonists, which means they mimic serotonin and lock into those receptors but do not deplete your body of serotonin.