• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

An experience from hell, and one that has put me off weed completely.

TheMagicCoder

Greenlighter
i am a regular smoker. Have smoked cannabis almost daily for 3 years. 2 days ago someone gave me some cannabis that had be picked from a crop early. It was a tester and hadn't been flushed. The strain was Super Cheese.

i smoked a joint and felt higher than he ever has before. The high was almost uncomfortable but manageable. 2 hours later i smoked another. Within 15 minutes i could feel my heart racing and felt out of control. Nothing made sense to me and i tried hard to remain composed and focused. i checked my pulse with a stopwatch and counted 157 bpm. For 2 hours i was constantly checking my pulse.

The fast heart-rate made me feel uncomfortable. my face was feeling numb, my legs were shaking, and i felt as if i was going to die. i went to the toilet and considered calling an ambulance, i couldn't believe cannabis was making me feel this way and was certain the end was near. At one point i prayed that the trip would end and vowed never to smoke again. my girlfriend said i was talking lots and kept repeating "I love you" to the point where it annoyed her. i told her i think i need an ambulance. After an hour my heart-rate dropped to 130 bpm but still felt very off and not well. Eventually the high ended and my heart-rate returned to normal.

this experience has put me right off cannabis and i am scared to smoke again in case it happens again. i have never had an experience like this in the 10 years that i have smoked cannabis. Is this anything to do with my weed being harvested early?

Last edited by a moderator:
we don't do SWIM here. peoplee will disregard u if u use it generally

Live Resin, which is made from fresh cannabis, gets you alot higher than regular extracts, IME.

I think ou just got REALLY high. No need to swear off cannabis. Jusgt take it easy as u seem sensitive to its effects right now.

And i wouldn't consider "almost daily" regular smoker. I smoke 3-4 joints, plus hash and about 8-15 dabs a day. I am a regular smoker.

Last edited:
You simply got your arse handed to you by some high concentrated weed. Anxiety can be a bitch. You wouldn't be the first person to leave a hospital er embarressed after freaking out. More often than not a high dose edible is the culprit

Sometimes less is better

we don't do SWIM here. peoplee will disregard u if u use it generally

Live Resin, which is made from fresh cannabis, gets you alot higher than regular extracts, IME.

I think ou just got REALLY high. No need to swear off cannabis. Jusgt take it easy as u seem sensitive to its effects right now.

And i wouldn't consider "almost daily" regular smoker. I smoke 3-4 joints, plus hash and about 8-15 dabs a day. I am a regular smoker.

Apologizes for using SWIM. Not been on the Internet for a while and the last time I used a forum I got bashed for using first person. I wrongly assumed it was this forum. I should have known better. My bad.

Regarding the daily smoking. I smoke from when I wake, until I sleep. I get through an ounce a week with my other half. I rarely get anxiety when high which is why I wondered how this experience happened. Must have been some very strong weed.

I smoke 3-4 joints, plus hash and about 8-15 dabs a day. I am a regular smoker.
Holy hell. Thats amazing. I'll load a bowl in the morning and puff off of it through out the day. I dont think I would be able to get anything done if I tried to keep up with you. Lol.

Holy hell. Thats amazing. I'll load a bowl in the morning and puff off of it through out the day. I dont think I would be able to get anything done if I tried to keep up with you. Lol.

The longer you smoke on a regular basis the higher your tolerance. You need more to get the same high. When it gets to a point where you're smoking too much per day you need to take a tolerance break to bring your tolerance back down.

Yeah i have a big tolerance...i get just as high as some of my less tolerant friends who smoke less...just takes quite a bit more for me to get on their level

Yeah, sorry, not trying to dicksize or anything...that's just my Rx. 2.5 grams per day. My clinic guy says it does not specify if it has to be flowers or extracts ;) , so I get like 3-4 sometimes 5 one paper cigarette circumference-d joints, with hash blended in, and about a half gram to a gram of concentrate (Live Resin, Oil, Shatter) a day in me on average.

After 2 days not smoking I plucked up the courage to smoke again. I went back to vaping. I've forgot how good the arizer solo is :) I have a nice batch of OG Kush which is doing it's magic. I'm glad it didn't happen again. I can go back to enjoying my weed and getting creative at work :D

Can I ask a quick question since OP's issue seems to have been resolved?

How fast can tolerance "come on", as it were? A few nights ago I got quite high, but in the couple of nights since the same amount is leaving me almost wondering if there's any effect at all. When tolerance sets in, can it do so very quickly?

Can I ask a quick question since OP's issue seems to have been resolved?

How fast can tolerance "come on", as it were? A few nights ago I got quite high, but in the couple of nights since the same amount is leaving me almost wondering if there's any effect at all. When tolerance sets in, can it do so very quickly?

In my experience it takes a week or two of smoking to begin building up a half decent tolerance and then it simply grows from there of course. Were you smoking 1970's jean jacket sized joints? A few days doesn't really sound right in terms of going from super high to zero effect.

Sorry to drift off the tolerance topic a bit but do you guys have Bhang Bars 60-180mg Chocolate Bar Edibles in Canada? They used to be prolific in the states till a journalist went to Colorado and had a "Ducks & Vomit" (post #4)type experience trying them for the first time and wrote a story about the dangers of them. Conveniently leaving out the fact she waited 10 mins , didn't feel anything and then proceeded to eat a whole 180mg bar. Now the recreational cannabis industry is pushing things like 10mg Dixie Elixirs which cost almost as much as a 60mg choc. bar, but don't cause freakouts in the general THC naive population, at least in the recreational market. Just curious as some of this thread is made up of Canadians.

Last edited:
In my experience it takes a week or two of smoking to begin building up a half decent tolerance and then it simply grows from there of course. Were you smoking 1970's jean jacket sized joints? A few days doesn't really sound right in terms of going from super high to zero effect.

No, sorry I wasn't very clear in my post. I meant that I've been smoking quite regularly for about 6 months, then suddenly over the past couple of days it seems like my tolerance just skyrocketed.

Let's say that after those six months or so, my tolerance felt like it was a 5 on monday, but then suddenly felt like it was 9 on Thursday, sort of thing.

Sorry to drift off the tolerance topic a bit but do you guys have Bhang Bars 60-180mg Chocolate Bar Edibles in Canada? They used to be prolific in the states till a journalist went to Colorado and had a "Ducks & Vomit" (post #4)type experience trying them for the first time and wrote a story about the dangers of them. Conveniently leaving out the fact she waited 10 mins , didn't feel anything and then proceeded to eat a whole 180mg bar. Now the recreational cannabis industry is pushing things like 10mg Dixie Elixirs which cost almost as much as a 60mg choc. bar, but don't cause freakouts in the general THC naive population, at least in the recreational market. Just curious as some of this thread is made up of Canadians.

I know Dixie from some work I did for them. I also know Maureen Dowd, the author who did the OD on edibles. Funny, but a pisser too. We kind of needed that though, as too many people ODd the same that year and our ERs were getting overloaded with cannabis intoxicated people. So, on the rec side we put a cap on the dose.

On the medical side I buy Blue Kudu bars, 225-mg for .... a very good price. Look up Mile High Green Cross, I get them on medical side with an additional $3 discount for being a member. They're a solid deal. Consistently dosed. Just ate 77-mg of one an hour ago. Waiting to enjoy a day off.

With edibles consistency in dosing is critical. The difference b/w 70- and 100-mg dose for me is the difference b/w deep sleep and a disconcerting LSD type (maybe early in a shroom trip is comparable) experience.

I think the highest dose edible you can get here is 100-mg recreational sales, and 500-mg medical. The rec products must be divided into 10-mg doses. The bar I just ate is 22.5-mg per "dose".

Nice stuff... Coming up now.

300-mg+ holy shit! Is that kitchen product or professional? Just curious. I've smoked decades and would flip my shit on that amount.