• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc An Amazing Experience for a First Time Kratom User

maynard-krebs

Greenlighter
I ordered some Kratom online for the first time but, being the impatient bastard that I am, couldn't wait until it arrived so went to a local smoke shop and picked up a bag of some Maeng Da caps so I could try it out (I know this was a long shot but I just couldn't wait... so impatient.) The bag contained 60 1/2g caps so the total weight was 30g.

At around 3pm I took my first dose of 5g on an empty stomach, dumping out the caps and using toss n' wash to down the shit. I then waited for an hour or so and didn't feel anything so proceeded to take another 5g (I'm now at 10g.) Again, I waited but this time I just got drowsy and so napped for an hour or so. When I woke up around 5pm I still felt nothing so, getting annoyed with the whole thing, decided to take another 10g waiting another hour or so but still felt nothing except some sedation (I'm now at 20g). Around 6pm I start to get seriously pissed off and in typical impulsive addict mode decided to finish off the rest of the damn bag, another 10g (I am now at a total of 30g and still waiting.) Fuck. What I'd purchased must have been total crap.

But here's where things get interesting.

At around 7pm, after finishing off the bag, I finally gave up and decided to get some work done on my computer. Getting into a groove I lost track of time and became completely absorbed in my work, totally forgetting about the whole experiment. But somewhere around 11pm (4hrs later) things took an unexpected turn. I took a break, and in that moment realized that I was seriously messed up (and I'm talking something like a full blown euphoric percocet high, the full monty... dreamy, head rushes, body rushes, totally groovy like I'm floating on air.) It just crept up on me out of the blue.

So now I am completely blown away, and in the moment decide to just lay back and enjoy the ride. After a dreamy interlude I finally get back to work on the computer feeling totally energized and high as a kite. This marathon went on until 3am or so and wasn't slowing down, but I finally decided to try and get some sleep. I knew that wasn't going to happen without some help so I took some Seroquel which did the trick. But before I dozed off I just lay in bed and enjoyed the light show... serious strobe effects and psychedelic images. Very pleasant.

The alarm went off at 6am so I rolled out of bed and when I stood up I realized to my dismay that I was still delightfully stoned. Not as intense as the night before but still quite pronounced and very pleasant. I made some coffee, enjoying every drop, and spent the rest of the morning in total bliss. By noon things finally started to settle down in a nice long taper that lasted until 4pm or so. One of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.

Segue to today. I performed my second Kratom experiment using about 5g of some Green Vein Indo I'd bought online and this time the trip was pretty much as expected. An hour to onset followed by a nice buzz that lasted for about 2 hours followed by a few hours of taper. Pretty normal from what I've been reading.

So now I am completely perplexed. The first experiment lasted over 24 hours start to finish. And with the high kicking in somewhere around 11pm the actual trip lasted close to 17hr. I Googled everything on delayed onset and extended duration for Kratom and could find only one hit that even came close to what I'd experienced, and even that wasn't much. So this whole experience seems to be way outside the norm and I am now completely baffled. The only thing that remotely comes to mind is that, since I have bipolar disorder, the Kratom somehow triggered a manic episode. But even that sounds far fetched because that's just not how manic episodes work. One other thing. I take a high dosage, 3600mg, of gabapentin as a mood stabilizer for bipolar disorder. I've read that gabapentin might be effective as a Kratom potentiator... just guessing.

I'm stumped. Anyone else experience something like this? Feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I've read about 'Super Enhanced Strains' said to be many times more potent than normal kratom. I dont think ive ever seen these for sale though. Maybe that's what you had in your gel-caps. Regarding the delayed onset, at a guess maybe the gel caps may have taken a long time to break down for some reason, maybe your stomach didnt register them or something? I know thats completely unscientific, but i have no other explanation. With some medications you are advised to take them with food, whether that's because that gets your digestion kicking in quicker, or whether the meds are a bit harsh in some way on an empty stomach i do not know./

That is an incredibly high dose, but seeing as you mentioned you were an addict before, its understandable that it might not have worked at lower dosages. I would say that the only reason you didnt feel the kratom right away would be due to whatever tolerance you have and the quality of kratom you bought.

I've read about 'Super Enhanced Strains' said to be many times more potent than normal kratom./

Possibly, but IMHO extracts tend to darken the powder. This stuff is light green so doesn't look like it's been treated. But if the extract could be made without all the sludge then the resulting oil might be pretty clear (like THC oil). I'm just speculating here... don't know if this is possible or not.

Regarding the delayed onset, at a guess maybe the gel caps may have taken a long time to break down for some reason, maybe your stomach didnt register them or something?

I didn't take the caps directly but rather dumped the powder out and used toss 'n wash to swallow the powder directly.

That is an incredibly high dose, but seeing as you mentioned you were an addict before, its understandable that it might not have worked at lower dosages. I would say that the only reason you didnt feel the kratom right away would be due to whatever tolerance you have and the quality of kratom you bought.

I'm a binge junkie so don't use opiates on a regular basis. Rather, I will pound through a bottle of perocet then don't think about it anymore until another opportunity arises. Like when I had knee surgery 4 months ago. I blew through a 45 count bottle of percs before my surgery and then got scared that I wouldn't have any pain meds for afterwords. So I rescheduled the surgery and got another 45 count prescription and, being the addict I am, blew through that one too. So I decided with much trepidation to go ahead with the surgery with no meds. But on the day of the surgery, just before I was put under, I talked to the surgeon and requested yet another refill which he grudgingly did. But after the surgery there was really no pain so I went ahead and binged on that last bottle as well. (what a dumbass... I have absolutely no willpower when this shit is available to me.) So to make a long story short, I think my tolerance for opiates is actually pretty low since I haven't had any for four months now.

If that's the case then maybe the batch of kratom I bought was really good shit. So maybe I should go back to the smoke shop and clean out their entire inventory :) . Hmm.. I actually think I will go back and try another bag to see if i can replicate that experience. If it really does work then I will most certainly go and clean house. Score!

No, i would highly advise buying kratom online. Its much cheaper and most likely of better quality.