• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Amyl Nitrite Available at Pharmacies?

Fiori di Bella

Bluelight Crew
I was just talking with @darvocet21 about the availability of amyl nitrite, aka: poppers, these days.

I used to buy these in sex shops and head shops, and it was in little glass brown bottles labeled “head cleaner”, but like Whip-its, this has disappeared from these shops.

I just read that as of February 2020, amyl nitrite is available in US pharmacies, but you must ask a pharmacist for it and you have to indicate your reasons for wanting to purchase the amyl nitrite.

I assume this means it’s likely at the pharmacist’s discretion to determine whether your reasons for seeking it are valid or too risky. It is labeled as a Schedule 3 drug and so technically it requires no prescription, but the FDA advises people to avoid it, as it’s dangerous.

Has anyone successfully purchased this after speaking to a pharmacist? If so, what did you tell the pharmacist you wanted it for?

I’m hesitant to say I want it for the intense boost in sensuality I experience, along with out of this world orgasms. I tend to think that answer won’t get me any poppers, though I honestly don’t know what I’d say.

Any ideas re: what I might discuss with a pharmacist to successfully walk away with amyl nitrite are sincerely appreciated! 💜

Me: "I'm interested in receiving amyl nitrite"

Pharmacist; "do you have a prescription?"

Me: "No, I don't really want to talk to my doctor about this it's a little bit embarrassing"

"Do you have a history of heart disease?"

"Thankfully no why is it dangerous? Anyway the reason I want it is because I heard that it makes an orgasm like 2.5 times stronger"

I mean, I would think that the only reason they WOULD give it to people is for sexual reasons, right? 🤔 Not sure.

Interesting, it's schedule 3 now? I didn't know pharmacists could even prescribe anything especially if it's controlled.

I mean, I would think that the only reason they WOULD give it to people is for sexual reasons, right? 🤔 Not sure.

Interesting, it's schedule 3 now? I didn't know pharmacists could even prescribe anything especially if it's controlled.
I expressed skepticism but then I thought poppers had been relegated to the dustbin of drug lore along with Quaaludes and well Darvocet

C-III apart from Hydrocodone and other codeine derivatives it's pretty much used for testosterone. Not even Tramadol or any of the benzos are included they're all C-IV

I remember in Texas people had "Jungle Juice", a quick google search and apparently it's still available online. I am unsure if this is actually amyl nitrate, I could be wrong and have no reference, but I think that's what it is. Took a few whiffs of it, but didn't much care for it. Never really liked inhalants.

Last edited:
I see butyl nitrate (use to be called Rush years ago) sold right next to other things like vapes and D8 carts at the corner convenience store. That was supposed to be very similar to amyl nitrate. These things used to be sold in the old “head shops”.

The poppers I used to get were called RUSH and came in a little bottle (like 5-Hour Energy but glass). They were isobutyl nitrite, IIRC, not amyl nitrite. I think there are a variety of nitrites that have been available in the form of poppers over the years. I think the ampoules of amyl nitrite used medically have always been Rx-only, though it was also used in cleaning products.

Ah yes, isobutyl. I have to say that as a kid I did try amyl nitrite and couldn’t tell the difference from Rush. I think they’re very similar. So I would be interested in knowing if anyone can tell the difference.

Last edited:
Lol, here's what you need – organic fair-trade poppers.
Produced by a bespoke poppers manufacturer in Austin, Texas, Double Scorpio are poppers for the millennial wellness set. Pure isobutyl nitrite, the unique line of farm-to-disco poppers are actually pleasant to huff, coming in cute coloured bottles with a range of scents like eucalyptus, peppermint, amber, and honey. While “trendy” (if you can call a poppers brand that), my friend warns that “you can’t take them while out dancing – they’re too heavy and slow and just make me want to lie in bed and get fucked”. Ditto. Enjoy them in tender moments, with tender lovers.

You could buy C-V low dose codeine cough syrup until the 90s in some states