• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

aMT: The link between Tryptamines and PEAs

blueberries

Bluelighter
Ok, so I was reading about an aMT/Cathinone crossover project that yielded incredible results (supposedly). This got me thinking to the body-load quelling properties of beta ketones. So if bk-aMT was so good, why not try 5-MeO-bk-aMT? Or even 5-HO?

Then we come to pyr-T. This could also do with some smoothening out, so bk-pyr-T it is, and the corresponding 5-MeO (which actually managed to give visuals, unlike aMT).
This is starting to feel like an amphetamine now and with the addition of aET holding similar effects to it's corresponding PEA, would the addition of pyr-T create a a-PBP type compound? Additionally it would hold minor psychedelic and empathogenic effects too.

From this point in thinking we have corresponding analogues to the pyrollidines.
aP-pyr-T = a-PVP and so on.
A 5-MeO on top would be the corresponding 4-MeO **in theory**. However I think it would raise potency rather than lowering it like the PVs.

At the end of the day the most basic compounds would be:
bk-aMT
bk-pyr-T
5-MeO-aMT - PMA
5-MeO-bk-aMT - Methedrone
5-MeO-bk-pyr-T - MOPEP
5-MeO-bk-aM-pyr-T - MOPPP
5-MeO-bk-aP-pyr-T - MOPVP

Those of you thinking pyr-T looks horrible, look up PEP as that's the equivalent. It has not been studied due to it being fairly worthless, as is pyr-T but once you add an alpha group it gets interesting.

So you could build it up in the same way as pyrovalerones; 5-Methyl/Fluoro/Methoxy-bk-alpha-Me/Et/Pr/Bu/Pe/Hx - pyr-T
This would equal: 4-Methyl/Fluoro/Methoxy-bk-alpha- P /B /V /H /Hp/O - Pyrollidine (phenone)

This is just theory still, however. I reckon 5-MeO-bk-aE-pyr-T would be the best next to the alpha methyl. The rest would probably become inactive (unless the pyrollidine ring lets the extended chains gain potency in the same way). Effects would be felt somewhere between 5 and 30mg and be euphoric, slightly hallucinogenic and a stimulant, with no body load or unpleasantness. But as testing new compounds goes; always titrate up. So bk-aMT. Should be fairly easy, legal and (from what I hear) incredible.

On the same subject; Pentedrone...do you think it could be similar too?

I don't think you can move from phenethylamines to tryptamines with such predictable results. The added bulk of the indole ring alters the SAR of tryptamines compared to phenethylamines. That's why you can't add bromine to the 7-position of 5-MeO-DMT to make a DOB hybrid. You are also talking about multiple pharmacological mechanisms, each with a different SAR. Not all of those mechanisms will show parallel effects.

I'm not sure of the results you are talking about but it seems likely that making AMT a beta-ketone would differentially effect its binding to monoamine transporters vs. its effects on 5-HT2A receptors. If bk-AMT has less of an effect on 5-HT2A then that might attenuate its effects on the GI tract and the sympathetic nervous system, resulting in less "body load". Perhaps people like the beta-ketone version of AMT better because it is more of an entactogen-like stimulant and less of a hallucinogen?

Last edited: