• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

aMT Questions!

LandOfFreedoom

Greenlighter
I have a couple questions regarding aMT, specifically the succinate form. What are your experiences with it? How bad is the stomach discomfort in your experience? Would you recommend it to someone experienced with psychedelics? What is the safety profile of it used by itself? Have you succesfully used it as an anti-depressant in 5-10mg doses?
Thanks so much for answering my questions!!

What do you mean by antidepressant? Do you mean daily? If you have severe major depression with suicidal thoughts or severe dysfunction where your unable to work I would strongly urge you to try SSRIs w. Or w.o atypical low dose antipsychotic , a snri, or a tri or tetracyclic.

In theory tryptamines could cause a down regulation of 5 ht2a and 2c receptors which maybe one of the mechanisms SSRI reduce depressive symptoms over weeks. However , in my opinion it's dangerous for people with depression at high risk depression (self arm, thoughts, actions) to use experimental treatments without exhausting currently accepted ones

I'm not depressed I was just wondering the efficacy, as it was designed by Upjohn pharm for that purpose and was used briefly as an anti-depressant in the USSR. I am not depressed though.