• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamines vs ephedrine??

fairyfeathers

Greenlighter
Hi there,

I posted a week or so ago, because I take amphetamines (usually a therapeutic dose of adderall or vyvanse) once a week for focus, and wanted to make sure I won't build tolerance using this way. I am considering taking ephedrine occasionally during the week to help with alertness at work and appetite suppression. Will this affect my amphetamine tolerance? I can't seem to figure out from reading online if ephedrine is the same thing as amphetamine or if it is chemically different and won't impact my tolerance of amphetamines. It's important to me that I not build up a big tolerance for speed, to avoid addiction and also to spend as little as possible to get the effect I want. Thanks for any advice!

Ephedrine will cause tolerance to the norepinephrine component of amphetamines effects. The dopamine portion (which is responsible for a great deal of amphetamines effect on things like working memory) will be unaffected with ephedrine.

Hi there,

It's important to me that I not build up a big tolerance for speed, to avoid addiction and also to spend as little as possible to get the effect I want. Thanks for any advice!

Tolerance will built IMO with regular (daily) use of stimulants, but addiction probably not, certainly at therapeutic dosages. I stop every now and then, dr is ok with it tolerance break/ as needed.

As my memory serves me well ephedrine reminded me much more of cathinones in effect. A more pronounced less therapeutic effect. Leaning on other parts of the neurosystem triggering different ratio's as the substances other side of the scale like the not so recreational functional dex-amphetamine. Regular amps in between the two I guess.