• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Amphetamines - the ultimate sex drive booster? The ultimate sex drug? (Methadone User)

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Hello all! So as some know, I got on Methadone back early June, and that has been going pretty good. I'm glad I made the switch aside from having to drive 30 mins each way every morning at 6 AM, but still worth it overall.

However, methadone has drastically decreased my sex drive. Way lower than it was on suboxone. It's been very painful because I'm 26, have a girlfriend and really sex is one of the most important things in my life. I love sex more than most and it's an obsession constantly running through my mind. Like if a girl with a fat booty walks by I am infatuated with her. Women are so incredibly sexy and it is literally my main focus in life.

So ... for about the past week my sex drive has been lower, as it has been since I started. Thankfully I can still get hard, and usually I can orgasm but sometimes I can't. It definitely takes more work and all week I didn't even want to have sex with my girlfriend.

But Friday night, I went out with a buddy and snorted 3-4 IR Adderall 20 mg pills, and then for the next 24 hours I was incredibly horny.

At 5 PM yesterday, about 17-18 hours after the Adderall I had the best sex I've had with my girlfriend in probably a year. It was incredible. And then, at 11 PM we went for round 2 and that was even really good. I haven't been able to do this in a long time due to my opiate use.....

So my question here is - do you think recreational Amphetamine use could be the key to maintaining high level, mind blowing sex? I'm thinking maybe every Friday night - once a week - I'll blow down some addys, and have some great sex with my girlfriend every weekend which will help hold me over for the week and keep her satisfied as well.

So... are Amphetamines the gold standard for amazing sex? Especially for someone on maintenance drugs, are amphetamines the key to winning back my sexual obsession?

Also, for those on Adderall or who use meth daily (maybe those who take heroin or subs / methadone daily too) Does long term, daily amp use eventually lose the sex obsession? Do tweakers eventually run out of the drive to focus on and have lots and lots of sex?

Last edited:
In my experience it helps yes but very dose dependant, too much and you can't get it it up. Stay low as possible.
Any also yes, long term use the effects will wear off - forcing you to up the dose and that's where it can become a (physical) hinder over a help.
Your brain will still want to fuck - but the little guy won't stand up.
BUT
Hopefully you won't have to increase the dose and the 'magic' works the time you are methadone for, how long you gona be on it?

In my experience it helps yes but very dose dependant, too much and you can't get it it up. Stay low as possible.
Any also yes, long term use the effects will wear off - forcing you to up the dose and that's where it can become a (physical) hinder over a help.
Your brain will still want to fuck - but the little guy won't stand up.
BUT
Hopefully you won't have to increase the dose and the 'magic' works the time you are methadone for, how long you gona be on it?

True to all of that! And I’m hoping I can taper off this fall so I would only have been on it about 6 months, that’s the goal at least. Once my summer job ends I’m gonna drop 10 mg a week and see how that goes. It would take 11 weeks to drop from 110’to 0. But I’m committed I miss being opiate free

Best of luck coming off then 🤞

Just try and keep your 'phet tolerance/dose as low as possible/functional and you should be a-ok 😀

So you went out with your buddy and spent the entire night masturbating?

Sounds like a pretty weird night, hey each to their own...jk.

Serious though, I've been on methadone over 20 years and the only time my sex drive was low was at the begining when I was living a sedentary life style.

If I am training regularly my libido is just fine.

I have used a fair amount of meth over the years and I would definitely agree with the previous poster, a little bit is good but too much has the opposite effect, I think the vaso constriction properties of amphetamines kick in cause I end up looking like I just got out of a very cold pool if I have a decent smoke of meth.

So you went out with your buddy and spent the entire night masturbating?

Sounds like a pretty weird night, hey each to their own...jk.

Serious though, I've been on methadone over 20 years and the only time my sex drive was low was at the begining when I was living a sedentary life style.

If I am training regularly my libido is just fine.

I have used a fair amount of meth over the years and I would definitely agree with the previous poster, a little bit is good but too much has the opposite effect, I think the vaso constriction properties of amphetamines kick in cause I end up looking like I just got out of a very cold pool if I have a decent smoke of meth.

When you say training you mean lifting weights? It helps your sex drive? I’ve been out of the gym for months but I’m big into lifting. Also do you drink? And can I aske what dose you’re on for methadone? Thanks