• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Amphetamines and Xanax - Thoughts, Words, Experiences?

Max, docs prescribe benzos for the negative side effects of addys or whatever stim in almost every occasion. There is risk obviously because it can turn extremely addicting once you get that good ratio and get a good high going. For swim it's usually 30 mg addy and 2 mg alprazolam which honestly feels like mdma. Topped off with a little herbal remedy, it's almost a perfect high. As far as xr vs ir, it is going to pack a bigger punch when you do the ir which is good to do with xanax case it is also fast acting. If there's only access to xr stims then a longer acting benzo such as klonopin or vals would be better. Not as intense or nearly as good as the first mentioned combo however

IMO the only way to make this combination enjoyable is if you take the stimulant after the benzo. Especially if you have a benzo habit. Why I said this can be disastrous, or was for me and many I know at least, is because benzodiazepines lower inhibition and stimulants can increase aggression. If you're blacked out while tweaking, you can do some seriously stupid or harmful shit.

I find that when i take reckless doses of benzos, or short acting, hard hitting triazolam benzos, with my Dextroamphetamine I end up doing a lot of crazy shit that i will not remember. Just the other day, after rear ending a truck with my bad-ass compact, I found myself standing IFO a police cruiser on one leg, playing," watch me, do this," with a cop. I passed the tests with flying colors, pulled into a parking lot (the police told me to eat some food?!?), went to a sandwich shop and got a delicious hero, ate it all up, fell asleep in my car, and woke up to find the same cop tapping on my window with his twelve inch flashlight. I earned an ambulance ride to the ER, but could have ended up in jail. Lucky it was raining and i had pulled on my old NYC Paramedic rain jacket lol. Use with caution....

My thought is "jail is full of people who took this combo". "and cemetery".

My thought is "jail is full of people who took this combo". "and cemetery".
Idk what jail you been to but nobody I was in with said they were there cause they got to twisted off adderall and benzoz. Jail is full of Crack heads, meth heads, opiate junkies... and their dealers

god....fucking.....damn.....swim.....shit!!!!

That said. I love putting speed or coke on top of benzos. And I agree with Z, start with the benzos and maybe a few beers then then amp.

Idk what jail you been to but nobody I was in with said they were there cause they got to twisted off adderall and benzoz. Jail is full of Crack heads, meth heads, opiate junkies... and their dealers

Benzos alone have landed me in jail several times. Adderall is an amphetamine, I hope you realize this. Just because its prescription doesn't mean you cant really fuck your world up.

IME, and from my observations, this is a very good feeling combination but often ends badly. I mean really, blacking out but at the same time being spun?

This happened to a friend a couple weeks ago.
He was already clearly on Xanax when I met up with him and I gave him between .1-.2 of meth which he snorted. I also gave him 8 Xanax because he said they were for his girl. He's gone overboard with Xanax enough times that I'm not going to put more than two in his hand without asking a question or two.

Nobody knows exactly what happened after he left, least of all him. I woke up to numerous missed calls and messages from his girl and he had broken his $200 bong then woke her up to clean it up and just watched. Then he left without a shirt or his cell phone and comes back a couple hours later. At which point she sends him to get her food and drinks from Starbucks. Why? No fucking clue. He's gone for two hours and doesn't even have his wallet. She calls me again because he isn't answering so I called him and he was at the YMCA working out lmao. I told him his girl was waiting on him to come back with food and also informed him that he didn't have his wallet. He lets out a long fuuuuucccccckkkkk like when you realize you goofed up and hangs up on me. According to him, he left and went to Starbucks anyways and orders like $25 worth of crap and when he gets to the register...lmao. He said they just told him to have it. My guess is that they could tell he was FUCKED up and just wanted him out. So luckily the worst thing that happened was his girl getting pissed at him but who knows what he did during those unaccounted for hours and it could have been exponentially worse.
That being said, I do love the combo. Not quit on par with a true speedball IMO, but damn close.

As long as we are talking about dangerous drug combos that happen to feel blissful, my vote is for a small shot of very strong H followed by smoking meth, then eventually a klonopin and a few hits of crack. Then some shrooms and finally weed. And a hit of nitrous :)

IMO the only way to make this combination enjoyable is if you take the stimulant after the benzo. Especially if you have a benzo habit. Why I said this can be disastrous, or was for me and many I know at least, is because benzodiazepines lower inhibition and stimulants can increase aggression. If you're blacked out while tweaking, you can do some seriously stupid or harmful shit.

Definitely a good warning and something to keep in mind for the crowd who tends to get aggressive while taking GABAergics such as benzos and/or alcohol. Fortunately aggression is not typically something I often experience, but for one of my friends whose house I've been crashing at a lot lately, it's becomes a handful very quick particularly for those who are around the person.

As far as the combo goes, I personally am very fond of amphetamines and benzos and don't agree with the whole "cancel out" logic when the right doses are used.

I love that combo, but I think the key is dosage. Benzos and amps are often prescribed together so I'd imagine that it can't be *too* risky at therapeutic dosages, but in higher doses it's probably more like a speedball. I think amps and benzos synergize so well that even low doses will have you feeling great.

And I agree with znegative, I like to take benzos at night so that I can still feel them the next morning, then I take adderall and it's such a smooth transition, but the benzos are weak enough at that point to not interfere with the therapeutic effects of adderall. That's just my personal preference but it's probably also one of the safer ways to go about it.

Benzos alone have landed me in jail several times. Adderall is an amphetamine, I hope you realize this. Just because its prescription doesn't mean you cant really fuck your world up.
Wait adderall is an amphetamine? Damn bro thanks for droppin the knowledge. The whole time I was scripted them I thought they were just high BP meds... Smh, what I'm trying to say is that you rarely see people in jail for prescription phets. As far as benzos, yeah people black out and do dumb shit to land in jail. But mainly pepole go to jail for possession of the phets and benzos. Not cause they're out robbing and stealing to obtain them like they would pain pills, Crack, or crank.

^yeah adderall is amphetamine sulfate combined with dextroamphetamine. It's literally just pharmaceutical grade speed.

Wait adderall is an amphetamine? Damn bro thanks for droppin the knowledge. The whole time I was scripted them I thought they were just high BP meds... Smh, what I'm trying to say is that you rarely see people in jail for prescription phets. As far as benzos, yeah people black out and do dumb shit to land in jail. But mainly pepole go to jail for possession of the phets and benzos. Not cause they're out robbing and stealing to obtain them like they would pain pills, Crack, or crank.

If you don't want idiot answers don't make idiot comments like "people rarely go to jail for Adderall and benzos"...smh. Just because people don't rob and steal for them doesn't mean they don't go to jail because of them. Im sure you know, but an amphetamine naïve person can get plenty spun on Adderall.

Not as good as pain pills and amps.

I avoid benzos nowadays, they just make me cold and tired.
Now at one time, however, many, many years ago, a good 40mg amphet.+ 1mg Xanax (plus another one for the comedown and some herbage) made for an alright day....not a good day, but an alright one.

If you're not past like 30 or 35 I wouldn't worry about your health.
If you've gotta die...I mean, a cardiac arrest is probably better than dying of Salmonella or some shit, am I right?

If you don't want idiot answers don't make idiot comments like "people rarely go to jail for Adderall and benzos"...smh. Just because people don't rob and steal for them doesn't mean they don't go to jail because of them. Im sure you know, but an amphetamine naïve person can get plenty spun on Adderall.

Oh for sure amp naive person could get zooted off 15 mgs of addy or rits. Takes a little more for me (60-75 mgs) but i take benzos with them. Amphetamines can also cause aggressive behavior in some people who are prone to violence especially when coupled with alcohol. I guess it's cause of the increase of false energy and confidence.
But where I live these types of pills aren't too popular. It's more about the damn oxys and hydromorphones around here so I guess that's why I don't hear much about people getting in trouble over them

Oh for sure amp naive person could get zooted off 15 mgs of addy or rits. Takes a little more for me (60-75 mgs) but i take benzos with them. Amphetamines can also cause aggressive behavior in some people who are prone to violence especially when coupled with alcohol. I guess it's cause of the increase of false energy and confidence.
But where I live these types of pills aren't too popular. It's more about the damn oxys and hydromorphones around here so I guess that's why I don't hear much about people getting in trouble over them

Hell even a total virgin could handle 15mgs ok. Well, you never know. Ive never been real into uppers, but I was rx Adderall for a while and I got to taking 100+ mgs a day. I would stay up for 3 or 4 days at a time, then stop for a day or 2 so I could sleep then repeat. At day 3 or 4 I would start getting real geeky. Started getting crazy paranoid like I was on meth. Not wanting to go outside because I could just feel my neighbors eyes on me, so I could see someone flipping out and winding up in jail. Addys aren't too popular, mostly just people selling theyre scripts. Xanax is a little more popular, but the oxys and opanas are the big thing around here too, but people still get in plenty of trouble from other shit. I scroll through our jail records and see people arrested for poss of schedule 4 all the time. ( Xanax is schedule 4, along with codeine I think. )

Ya I want do it without it(or some other benzo, klonopin(I like to take benzo's with uppers during it and not just for the comedown because sometimes I get to geeked out and eat 2mg just to get rid of that, but xanax hits faster if you want that feeling to go awaay complety in 5 mins). I'm on the combo right now, I slept like 4-5 hours, something like that last night after taking gabapentin, phenibut(2 grams of each) and fuck I think 8 xanax, nodded out woke up at 5 was all fucked up from the xanax I'd been steadily taking the last 5 hours or so. Anyway passed out then in a xanax haze and did some meth plugged and snorted, and two hits smoked. Got home took 3 xanax, had 1200mg of gabapentin during the last couple hours of work, smoked a bowl, so I could eat(benzos are great for eating on meth, espcially with weed added) ate that wendys fresco sandwhich and a small frosti. But anyway, so glad I had the xanax and pot, but I aint gonna sleep. Just relax and rest. Then do more in a 4 hours or so cuz I got some shit I gotta deal with tomorow shit I gotta deal with 2morro,lol. Was gonna save it but oh well.

Edit: only thing xanax does(and this benzo in particular) while on amphetimes is say fuck it and do more..was gonna rest but decidied to see if I could do a hot rail with a thing made from tinfoil...don't know if it worked or not I didn't see any smoke but shit instantly hit me unlike just snorting it, so I put some on some foil and got 3/4 hits usually bang it when I do it 2-3 times a month, my rig was old as fuck and I was stabbing myself with a DULL rig while waking up from a nod, got horrbible tracks from that, hope that vein is ok....now listenting to youngsta vs headhunter Feat MC Task -Rinse FM-2007 on youtube. Oldschool dubstep from 2006/7 with a lil drum and bass mixed it..what ever happeed to good dubstep, know its still out there just gotta look..but kryptic minds, older skream, Fanu(i know not dubstep but this AWESOME check him out)

Last edited:
I just want to add my two cents on the synergy of a therapeutic dose benzo (in my case .5mg etizolam) and stimulant (10-30mg adderall). This combo will not give you a greater "high" but puts me in a place of complete contentment and happiness in the moment I'm currently living. It also creates a reaction of empathy towards others that I have only else experienced with mdxx. Now of course if either one of those substances are greatly abused or used habitually it can lead to many problems but that goes for any drug. When properly dosed it has much value especially for people diagnosed with ADD, GAD, and panic attacks. Now the etizolam usage could be up for debate but it is hands down the most functional, mood lifting benzos (thiendiazapine) I have ever tried.