• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamines and Sleep Disturbances

I have night terrors as well and started having them hardcore at age 22. I always had issues before that with sleep but that’s the first time I was ever told I freaked a bunch of people out.

I have weird ones where I’m terrified of my bed mate. I’ve physically attacked my bedfellows more than once and I have weird nightmares where I’m going to be raped and I kind of act it out. Somebody actually thought I was accusing him. I don’t remember a moment of it but yeah. Its really really screwed up.

amps have a way of intensifying things including the negativity in your thought process. Having night terrors starting as an adult is also a major sign of psychological trauma and I think you really really need to talk to someone professional about ablut some nighttime seroquel or a mild Benzo. Yeah those things are just covers. Yeah those covers mean you don’t have the issue issue too. This is serious dude. Talk to someone.

i get night terrors from most amphetamines, i need to know if theres a better option amongst the many scripts that will more or less abate the blown pupils that cause night terrors. is there a lighter sort that wont make me see trip or hallucinate if im laying down in the dark?

i saw bugs in my bed once as a child, it was awful.
Can you take the amphetamine earlier in the day so you are not still on it when you sleep or are trying to sleep? Maybe take a lower dose? Or go on a 2-3 week tolerance break?

I would fall asleep on Dexedrine in early morning classes if I was bored, already had studied the material before, it was Autumn or winter and colder, etc. I would have interesting dreams and then suddenly I would be wide awake and moving and sort of confused. These were not night or day terrors, often times the dreams were about what was being lectured about such as artwork, history, biology, etc.

I have had sleep paralysis only once. It happened when I had been awake for a day and a half, traveling with friends-I was not driving-and we set up camp, ate dinner, I got drunk on beer like everyone else did, went to sleep and woke up unable to move when the alcohol wore off. It was confusing and sort of scary but after what seemed like 10 minutes but was really probably only 3-5, I got up and walked away from our camp and pissed on some trees and went back to sleep.

Last edited:
Could you try and take it at say, 11 AM or noon? That would get you through the day and you would still be able to sleep.

If it's what I think you're talking about, they're just a symptom of dilerium + the unnatural CNS activity. The brain is also having to re adjust itself.
Feels like R.E.M. is being forced through all that but the dope just overrides it. That might explain the unsettling out of body sensation.

They feel very very real like you'd swear you were wide awake, but the visuals are always chaotic and nonsensical like someone you interacted with that day being right in your face and speaking rapid "jibberish", but for whatever reason it's always deeply disturbing. Then i would usually jolt awake with a feeling of dread.
I used to get them really bad back in the day when i was just starting out. Not fun.

Last edited:
I get meth terrors in my sleep in the 2-3 weeks after I stop. It’s a combination of a nightmare and sleep paralysis. They seem to get worse if I take sleeping pills, but I need the sleeping pills to deal with the insomnia that comes after quitting. It’s catch-22 but doesn’t last forever.