• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamine potentiation and avoiding or reversing tolerance.

Fluxit

Greenlighter
I was recently put back on adderall and had my dose upped to 20mg 2x a day however i usually take only the ammount i need when needed, if i am not doing anything that day no adderall,if i have a busy day but have lethargy due to my other meds and have tried but still can't muster the energy then i will take 10mg or 20mg then if i don't need the second dose avoid taking it. Anyway i am someone who has a history of using amphetamines recreationally, more specifically meth but i no longer uae it, however i decided to go ahead and put 10 pills away in my stash which are ok to be used recreationally but no more for that month if i use them, even then on rare occasions. I have heard DXM can help prevent tolerance i am wondering if this is true, the reason being i would like to apply this so i can use it when taking a recreational dose or occasionally with my needed doses to avoid tolderance and deminished effects. I know baking soda with a glass of water helps alkalize the stomache and make amphetamines last longer and absorb better plus decrease excreetion but i want ro know if there are any other ways to either raise the effectiveness of a smaller dose and prevent tolerance rising. I want to rarely enjoy the stimmulant high with euphoria but not get in the way of my therapudic effects since they are helping me function normally after trying every other class of psych med for my bipolar I disorder. (I know many say this is a bad combo however my psych approved it since it seems to calm me during hypomania and help with racing thoughts and fight the severe lethargy from taking 1,200mg of lithium dailt with other meds which are sedatives to sleep yet remain causing me fatigue the following day. After re-evaluating me thoroughly she suspects i may have comorbid ADD or ADHD with bipolar I and with such a high dose of a mood stabilizer i should be fine but monitered.) it has helped me so much thay i finally feel i can.hold a job long term if they continue well and i get things done, when taking regular prescribed doses i have no euphoria just focus, motivation, and my impulsiveness seems to be relieved where i don't do things which affected my life and those around me negatively anymore. I can sleep because i am aware of when i should limit my dosing time and surprisingly my hypomania becomes calmed in the sense that i can focus instead of being overly exagerating movements or rapidly speaking. Why idk but it does. Now when i take higher doses say 60-80mg i get slight euphoric and speedy, which is enjoyable but i can still get things done if i want. I have looked everywhere and i found little info on dxm with adderall and what dose is needed to help reset and avoid tolerance, if it should be with the med or at bedtime or how it works. I have heard magnesium helps but again how much, when, and is there any scientific proof for this? Any help would be great, here is a lisg of my meds as of current in case it matters
Lithium carb 1,200mg
Prozac 20mg
Adderall 20mg x 2 day (as needed though)
Klonopin 1mg 3x a day (tapering back down to 1mg or .5mg a day)
Gabapentin 800mg (1-2 times a day as needed)
Ambien 10mg
Lunesta 2mg
Melatonin 3mg

I wouldn?t add DXM on top of your prozac and lithium, and even though regular amphetamine doesn?t effect serotonin much all these drugs could be a catalyst for serotonin syndrome. If you use your amphetamine only as need and only rarely take recreational doses you should be able to keep tolerance down.

I?ve tried dxm to mitigate tolerance to amps and didn?t notice much of a difference, albeit i never had a big amp tolerance. Just be sure to take regular breaks.

Also please try to separate your post into paragraphs, just a courtesy to make it easier to read. Thanks

I was on concerta for a while and it made me jittery. Concerta is ti3me released but my psychiatrist told me to cut the 36mg pill into 3 pieces and take one each time. I don't know if he understood concerta is time-released, since taking 12mg taking the same day would make my blood plasma level of methylphenidate highest after the last 12mg.

Ritalin is instant release methylphenidate, and concerta is tire released methyphenidate.

I take adderall 55mg and lithium 1200mg. I take it everyday. I think it works best that way because im not having the ups and downs of going on and off it. Instead it mild to moderately increases my mood and focus so i tend to do less harmful stuff.

Thanks guys i actually went and got my mess fixed now and i am on 2 ine being adderall 10mg once a day as needed works fine. i appreciate the help