• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine Paste & Health

Axed

Bluelighter
I recently acquired some <no sources> amphetamine paste and have been enjoying it as a substitute for Adderall IR. The only downside I've noticed is that it is very hard to sleep on it unless I take it early in the day, and as a result sometimes I have to use Etizolam to fall asleep. This leaves me with some questions...

1. How bad is amphetamine paste/speed for you, really? This batch feels clean - I don't feel overly jittery or cracked out, and the only side effect I notice is an occasionally faster/harder heartbeat.

2. Is it dangerous to take Etiz to sleep with this? I know uppers and downers are generally a bad mix for your heart, but I don't take the Etiz until at least 12 hrs after administering the speed.

I am interested in hearing any personal experiences as well as scientific/scholarly research. This will help me decide if i should get more once I am through my current batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering millions of people around the world & a ton of kids in the USA use prescription Amphs I would say the substance is low on the list of lethal things in a medicine cabinet. The therapeutic index is also very decent so the question comes down to the quality of your Amph paste more so than Amphs in general. While the up/ down cycle is not exactly an idyllic way to function etizolam isn't so bad either. If this is very important to you then a substance testing service like energy control might be your best bet.

Right, I'm also prescribed Vyvanse so I'm not worried so much about amphetamines in general as I am this particular substance. Could you speculate on what adulterants are typically found in speed?

The "pasty" consistency of amphetamine paste comes from solvents (contrary to common belief, it is not the freebase form of amphetamine) which are often fairly toxic. You'd obviously want to try and remove as many of these as possible (at the very least letting most of them evaporate) before actually ingesting the drug.

The "pasty" consistency of amphetamine paste comes from solvents (contrary to common belief, it is not the freebase form of amphetamine) which are often fairly toxic. You'd obviously want to try and remove as many of these as possible (at the very least letting most of them evaporate) before actually ingesting the drug.

Yes absolutely, I dried it out first on a hot plate. I understood from the start that the wetness comes from solvents. Do you think that should be my biggest worry? Ingesting/inhaling any remaining solvents? (Sorry mods if this strays too close to speculation)

You should wash it with acetone because most speed (even from the DNM) is full of cuts... It's quite hard to find something that has more than 30-40% of amphetamine unless you buy in bulk.

Yes absolutely, I dried it out first on a hot plate. I understood from the start that the wetness comes from solvents. Do you think that should be my biggest worry? Ingesting/inhaling any remaining solvents? (Sorry mods if this strays too close to speculation)

No you're totally fine, evaporating solvents and/or some hygroscopic moisture is good HR. Endless speculation is "My meth is a little minty tasting, what is it cut with?" Thanks for the concern though. :)

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking here but OP is at least one person who can comment on my question..

What are the differences in effect between adderall and paste? I'm from the US and never seen paste but still curious.. I'm assuming paste is racemic whereas adderall is 75:25 (d:l) correct? I'm guessing this would explain the difficulty going to sleep with the extra L-amphetamine in there.

-GC

Well paste can be whatever it is as it isn't done in a real lab and could contain meth too.