• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine and toxicity - Reality or...?

dookman

Greenlighter
v.0.1

Amphetamine and toxicity - Reality or...?

studying papers about amphetamine (not meth, live in the EU) and am compiling a database that lists
  1. violations of the scientific method in so many ways, but that is not the fault of this particular issue - Read Fabulous Science ( I promise no conspiracy stuff). Still, the scientific method as presented is just not the method that we use day to day. Conclusions in the papers (" we had no clue what was going on in this body at autopsy but we speculate it must have something to do with amphetamine use. ' [*addref*]
  2. agenda-driven science. One meta-report (a summary of selected papers researching aspects of mortality and health issues about Amphetamines, found that if the only research where amps were not prescribed, there was a clear undeniable less chance of getting a stroke.
  3. toxicity and overdose were the lowest causes of amphetamine mortality, outweighed by suicide, accidents, or getting into a fight.
Or as one paper's opening sentence, cardiac, toxicity, etc are rare due to amphetamines.

interested in proving the scientific-government complex (vs. military-industrial complex) by studying papers about the mortality of amphetamine. Its not that difficult. The paper is full of contradictions, violations of the scientific method, and a preconceived notion of what the outcome should be.

Our grandchildren will do the same for these damned SSRI antidepressants in 40 years, what were we thinking...

p.s. [for the interest of full disclosure: I wrote this on 40mg of Dextroamphetamine medically prescribed]

This is a weird issue because everyone who takes amphetamines says they are doing great and really believe it.

I’m older now and looking back, it seems like all of us that went the amp route ended up fucked in multiple ways in life vs the people who never touched them. There isn’t enough life long, drug efficacy studies happening (that I know of). Pharma companies won’t want to fund studies that may show they do damage over a long time period.

I was wondering about how it might be possible to design a study; maybe even just a huge online survey to get data about people’s career life, family, etc. ask people what they feel but measure it in a way that isn’t going to be biased (the hard part since peoples opinions don’t necessarily translate to objective facts).

Like person A who started taking adderall scripts at age 20 might say they’re “great” but still working a min wage job at age 40. The amps made it less boring/tolerable so they didn’t move on. Person B didn’t take any meds has a high paid career. Seems like I know a lot of both types and the non medicated people are doing so much better on average. I suspect even regular dexamp slowly does damage to the reward system.

From what I’ve seen over the last 20 years observing people is amps rarely do any good. It’s one of those drugs where even one single dose of it puts that high dopamine memory in the brain and it stays there til death. Everything seems comparatively boring afterwards.