• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Amitriptyline

Ronald

Ex-Bluelighter
HAs anyone tried this medication or other tricyclic antidepressants?
My doctor prescribed them thismorning but I think these look like they have a few too many side-effects.

I was on desipramine (Norpramine) for a very long time. The only side effects I had to deal with occurred when I first started taking them, and the went away after a couple of weeks. Aside from having to take them at bedtime, you should experience few problems.

I took Imipramine for awhile. It made me very sleepy, and kinda sucked. It did give me the most amazing visionary dreams I have ever had hands down...... Note: Tried GHB while on it and got really weird "head rushes" right before sleep every night. Very uncomfortable. It could have just been me though.

most if not all tricyclic antidepressants have been known to potentiate the effects of LSD...usually towards the uncontrollable, uncomfortable, irrational, violent side...

Which of these three structures do you think looks best? I have looked at all three and they all look very similar. Mine has a consonant pattern of latent polarities due to delocalisation of electron density in the alternating double bonds. This ones got to tickle
wink.gif

At low doses (25-50mgs) this has very few side effects, at this low dose it can still make you sleepy and is also good for chronic pain management.
At higher end doses it can make you very tired, feel cloudy when you wake up, have leg cralws, sick stomach and blurred vision which all subside after use.

I think they only thing they are good for is passing out. If you wanna sleep, this shit did it to me right quick, no fun what-so-ever though.

Yeah it works to get you to go asleep. once on an acid comedown my friend handed me 5 of them. I ate them an slept for 24 hours

My husband was prescribed these also. He took them for two weeks and that was it! If you take them plan on canceling all your plans for the next day cause you be asleep! Also they caused him to have fainting spells, so yopu may want to let off on the driving until you know how they will affect you.

Had one of these 1hr ago (11:00PM now).
It will be interseting to see how this plays out.
^^^^^
= $ * =
_ ^ _
\\-//

I have found Amitriptyline to be an excellent anti-depressant.
Worst side effect? Increased appetite, which is great cause I was real skinny.
All you people who try to abuse anything and everything you have a very biased point of view. Just because amitriptyline didnt make you high as a kite 30 mins after swallowing 5 of them doesn't mean it sucks.
Its designed for a specific purpose, and for that I find it excellent.

I took desipramine for a few weeks. Within days it turned me into a zombie, I had become completely emotionless and when I discontinued use I got something like withdrawal symptoms where I felt violent and was not thinking straight.
I had taken these 7 years ago and I still don't believe I've ever fully regained my emotional compacity from them.

Personally I don't care for them - yes, some people DO abuse them but I don't see how or why you would... worst side effect - twitching and sluggishness the next day.... they didn't do dick for my chronic pain either...
------------------
# unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

What's the optimum amitriptyline dose for sleep? I'm taking them for years (depression, pain, insomnia) and apparently l developed a tolerance? Instead of usual 100 mg I took 150 mg before 8pm. Nothing... After 5x10 zolpidem I finally fell asleep and this morning my alarm clock woke me up. I know that benzo works as well but I'm trying to cut it down because it makes me more depressed. Any tips or advice?