• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amitriptyline 50mg

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Hi folks not been around for awhile but need some reassurance. I've been taking 2x25mg amitriptyline for sleep but I've decided to bin them as my depression is lots better but I think I'm goin through withdrawals I feel anxious an uncomfortable waking up early an I've tested my blood pressure an it was 212 over 102. Is I take the occasional diazepam to calm me down but is high blood pressure unusual withdrawal systems or is it unrelated I'm on my 2nd week without amitriptyline. Thanks for any advice

Is that an accurate blood pressure reading? How did you take it? Did you recheck a few times?

That is quite high and nearing a dangerous level. 180/110 is when you should go to a doctor right away. (The second number is more important)

Are you taking anything else other than diazepam?

But yes, withdrawal usually increases BP. Antidepressant withdrawal can last a couple weeks iirc but should get easier over time. I'm not very familiar with tricyclics.

Last edited:
Yes the reading was done at a pharmacy sencond reading was 188 over 94. I've messed around with pregabalin at 800mg an tramadol 400mg but not every day. Only take kratom now at 5grm at the occasional diazepam to ease the discomfort. But if it's the amitriptyline because iv gone cold turkey stupid idiot me

Yes the reading was done at a pharmacy sencond reading was 188 over 94. I've messed around with pregabalin at 800mg an tramadol 400mg but not every day. Only take kratom now at 5grm at the occasional diazepam to ease the discomfort. But if it's the amitriptyline because iv gone cold turkey stupid idiot me
Yeah, antidepressant withdrawal can be rough for some people, some level of withdrawal is common. It would have been a bit easier had you tapered the amitriptyline, but if you're already a week in you might just want to power through it especially with diazepam at least you have that to help.

But for future reference it can be very dangerous to take such high doses of tramadol combined with an SSRI. This commonly leads to serotonin syndrome which, take it from me, is extremely unpleasant, can have lasting neural damage and even be fatal. Not a good combo. Generally results in an emergency room visit.

Thanks for informing me. I won't be doing this again. I'm naturally an anxious person but it's been so uncomfortable yeh second week now without the amitriptyline