• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Amisulpride and hyperphagia

coriolis

Bluelighter
Hello,

I suffer from a brain disease of unknown aetiology. Some doctors say it is a damage after tick-borne encephalitis and Lyme disease others say it is myalgic encephalomyelitis also known as chronic fatigue syndrome. After many years of experimentation I found that 25mg of escitalopram and 200mg of amisulpride help me most. I have never had any depressions or psychoses. Without this medication I start to have sort of "brain inflammation", "brain fog" and headache. There is a problem: Amisulpride causes in me a profound hyperphagia, I have already gained 84kg--I wake up many times during the night and I am sick from hunger and I must eat. I have tried various anorectics: Phentermine--reduces hyperphagia but I am tired from it and I don't feel well. Bupropion--no effect. Amantadine--no effect. Topiramate--no effect. Aripiprazol--no effect. Ritalin--anihilates hyperphagia but is avaliable to me only in very small amounts. Modafinil--anihilates hyperphagia but it is too expensive for me.

I know that there are experts in pharmacology here, so I am a bit ashamed to post here but my question is what would you recommend to me? Is there some cheap, safe effective anorectic drug? In the past I have tried desoxypipradrol but I didn't have good experience with it due to its notoriously long half life.

Thank you in advance for your eventual answers.

A.

escitalopram at that dose would make me eat like crazy too. Any other activating SSRIs you can move to? Sertraline or fluoxetine? Topiramate and zonisamide can be good at the right dose, if youre lucky. often the effect will vanish on its own or not re-occur if you stop and restart it.
Someone I know experienced the most improvement with the symptoms you describe on desipramine and topiramate.
Ever get an allergy panel done, or try removing things from your diet and environment for a time to see if the fatigue and fog recede?

I would try switching the amisulpride completely for aripiprazole. I made the switch from olanzapine to aripiprazole because of the weight gain and prolactin increase and it is managing my symptoms as well as allowing me to control my food intake and weight gain.

I would say that these problems are more likely associated with the amisulpride than the escitalopram.

Metformin has gotten some good reviews for AAP induced weight gain. and its a lot easier to take than zonisamide or topiramate.

Metformin also came to my mind. I looked at some new relatively cheap designer stimulants and what seems to me to be the most convenient is either 4-fluoro MPH or 3-fluoro phenmetrazine. But my wife will probably not allow me to buy it. :)