European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Amiitriptyline for Subutex WD

PredatorVision

Bluelighter
Hi, I know this belongs in the withdrawals thread though I'm posting a topic as i'm on my 3rd day without subutex now and would like an answer as I don't want to do anything stupid with this stuff, and i'm rattling.

A person I know just gave me a bottle of liquid Amitriptyline Hydrochloride (I was after Valiums but that's all he had, and he gave it me for free) I've never heard of this stuff before and I was prescribed Zopiclone though they only gave me three tablets, which had been consumed by yesterday and without the option for more with the worst effects setting in.

The bottle says 5ml doses before sleep, I've read some unpleasant things about this stuff and don't want to use it if its potentially dangerous (which it looks to be) would taking the recommended dose do anything to ease my withdrawals?

thanks,

Personally and ONLY PERSONALLY I've never found ami's to be dangerous. Then again, I was prescribed them for pain not wd's I don't know what if any interaction they would have with anything in your system.

For me, yes they helped me sleep but at what cost? They made me so tired the next day I could barely keep my eyes open and this was just 10 mg. For me, personally, I'd rather put up with my intense pain than to take that again.

As everything though, to each their own. I know of only two people that Ami's actually worked well for.

My 2p darlin. Just be careful. Perhaps someone has some advice better suited to your particular needs at the moment.

Best of luck and feel better soon pal xx

Personally and ONLY PERSONALLY I've never found ami's to be dangerous. Then again, I was prescribed them for pain not wd's I don't know what if any interaction they would have with anything in your system.

For me, yes they helped me sleep but at what cost? They made me so tired the next day I could barely keep my eyes open and this was just 10 mg. For me, personally, I'd rather put up with my intense pain than to take that again.

As everything though, to each their own. I know of only two people that Ami's actually worked well for.

My 2p darlin. Just be careful. Perhaps someone has some advice better suited to your particular needs at the moment.

Best of luck and feel better soon pal xx

thanks for your reply, I've not touched it yet, I think I might try a small 5ml amount if I get really bad insomnia tonight.. When the guy gave me it he said "make sure you have nought to do the day after" though didn't elaborate

does anyone have any experience with this drug?

its a first generation ssri and yeah as such it has a whole host of side effects, my gran has it in tablet form and she takes about 2mgs to sleep

It's an SSRI? ugh, no doubt why I was given it free, my guess is someone tried to get high on it and realised that it's not recreational and an incredibly bad idea to mix with heroin/methadone. I'll just use the internet to get something more conventional, reading up on it this stuff seems terrible.

My mood's been in good check and i've not had any depression so far so I might just try a combo of xanax and modafinil (to make me at least a bit productive at work, without *hopefully* any agitation) The worst thing i'm finding is being unable to focus on anything too long without wanting to stand up and walk around, can't stay in the same place/posistion more than 3 minutes.

Amitriptyline is alot more than just a simple ssri.

many first generation ssri's have lots of different purposes.

Its not an SSRI - it's a tricyclic anti - depressant. 2 completely different drug types. If anything their pharmo-kinetic action is more similar to an SNRI a/d medicine than an SSRI.

Well I had a small teaspoon full last night, slept really well, woke up with pretty horrible withdrawals, though not anywhere near as bad as they can get and what i'd expect at around the peak of subutex withdrawal. Had another teaspoon and full on slept for another 7 hours and woke up not long ago still feeling pretty rough, doesn't feel like a hangover though just feels like standard opiate withdrawal, I've probably only had about 6ml in total. Had to call in sick at work today which is a ball ache as I have loads to do, still there was no chance of getting anything done today.

What dose of bupe did you stop at? Well done so far man :)

What dose of bupe did you stop at? Well done so far man :)

I stopped at 0.4 (had my last one thursday morning) though I somewhat fucked up on saturday when I ran out of Zopiclone (they generously prescribed me 3 of them) and got a call from a dealer who said he'd give me some vallies for helping him sign some forms (I work in the legal sector) which of course turned out to be a bag of gear and a bottle of Amitriptyline.. anyway that one bit of foil probably has made it all the worst today, think he knows I wouldn't have gone if he'd said before hand/would be to tempted to refuse once I got there

Don't let one slip get in the way, keep at it.

I dropped off from 0.2mg. Basically had a couple of weeks of minor sweats and lots of GI upset / shit sleep but it's totally doable. Kinda long but nowhere near as painful as CT off gear.

Best of luck dude. If you really want it to work I suggest cutting contact with dealers though...

Don't let one slip get in the way, keep at it.

I dropped off from 0.2mg. Basically had a couple of weeks of minor sweats and lots of GI upset / shit sleep but it's totally doable. Kinda long but nowhere near as painful as CT off gear.

Best of luck dude. If you really want it to work I suggest cutting contact with dealers though...

I asked if I could go down to 0.2 and the doctor at lifeline said that 0.2's didn't exist, and I pointed out that they definitely did as I'd had them from the pharmacist before when they'd run out of 0.4's and then was told they didn't prescribe them. Oh well will be 4 full days down soon enough!

Couldn't you just break a 0.4mg in half? I think that's what I was doing, never came across a 0.2mg pill myself (as far as I can recall, memory somewhat fuzzy from those days).

4 days is awesome man, almost there :)

I remember a study showing that ami increased ppl going trough benzo withdrawal readching endpoint, never read up onto it aout opiate withdrawal.

A nmda antagonist like memantine or dxm would be much more effective, not for sleep but for withdrawals, soe say dxm interacts with ssri like medication but i disagree with this

Well it worked find for sleep, two small teaspoons before bedtime seemed to do it I didn't notice the hangover being any different from standard wd lack of energy, it didn't seem to make it any worse anyway. I'm essentially clean from opiates now, having my last of anything tuesday (one paltry bag of gear) and no subutex in 10 days.

Its not an SSRI - it's a tricyclic anti - depressant. 2 completely different drug types. If anything their pharmo-kinetic action is more similar to an SNRI a/d medicine than an SSRI.

ahh my bad, i thought all anti-d's were ssri's, inuits and eskimos.
and congrats PVision :)

The 3 main subtypes of a/d are the old tricylclic drugs i.e amitryptaline, the Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) drugs, and the more contemporary SSRI / SNRI type drugs, which while their general efficacy is constanantly under debate, are safer in overdose than the old school tricyclics, and do not require the dietary precautions that patients treated with MAOI a/d's need to follow.

God this is me all over - full of pub quiz knowledge but nothing that would be of any practical use to anyone.

Well on the off chance anyone googles this drug and gets to this thread for the same purposes as me, my final verdict on this is only use this drug as a last resort for getting sleep if withdrawals or insomnia have kept you awake longer than usual, and by usual I mean 2+ days, the morning after on a second try is hell, and if anything made the withdrawals worse (particularly stomach cramps, lack of concentration and diarrhoea). 90% of the contents of that bottle will be gathering dust in my cupboard for a long time.