• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Amfetamine Crystal Forming Possible?

Oomdagobert

Greenlighter
Hello, i am new here last time i have used some amfetamine crystals, my friend said they were made with a phosfate, now cant get it anymore, normally a amfetamine in sulfate form is powdery fluffy, but this was like hard yogurt like hard to break rock, it was crystallized but how??? i have some freebase oil laying around want to experiment with it, any help would be appreciated, is this done with acetone, ipa? detailed info would be nice.

It can quite conveniently be done simply by adding 85% aqueous phosphoric acid, which is widely available, to a solution of freebase amphetamine in acetone, as described in this patent.

So Add phosphoric acid to the freebase and stir untill the desired ph is received, and let it cool down? i have 75% phosforic acid laying around should that suffice? and how much aceton on freebase oil? after how much time you need to discard the remaining liquid and or does it need any freezing required?

So Add phosphoric acid to the freebase and stir untill the desired ph is received, and let it cool down? i have 75% phosforic acid laying around should that suffice? and how much aceton on freebase oil? after how much time you need to discard the remaining liquid and or does it need any freezing required?
Here's the procedure from the patent:

I'm not sure if 75% will work quite as well, as the amphetamine phosphate will be more soluble in the greater amount of water and this could affect the yield. You could account for this by cooling the solution in the fridge to crash out more amphetamine salt before filtering.

Tried to make it today, but the patent is wrong i guess, on 100gr oil i had i put 23-24ml of fosforic acid (75%) plus acetone 300ml as described it achieved a ph of 7, so i stopped adding, at first sight the acetone stayed on top and the amfetamine was separated, so i put it aside to dry now, so if everything goes ok its gonna be hard and flaky?

You need to bring pH to acidic, pH 7 means there is still some amphetamine base left

use 1 mol H3PO4 to 1 mol amphetamine..

Normally with the sulfate form when you go over 7 ph is gets yellow/pink so it burns is the not the case with the phosfate? and 1 mol phosfate is like 98grams 1000ml amfetamine oil is 980grams, the fosforic acid (75 percent) that i have is like 1000ml 1580gr when added to 100gr of oil the total of acid needed is 23-24ml to get to 7 ph....the fosfate that i made today its like powder again nothing like crystal of any sort that i saw previous, dont know what is going wrong. hope to get some clarification. see picture its from the net, but the sample that i used looked like it hard flakes tough to break, pretty intense high.

Attachments

• am.ph.jpg
    am.ph.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Tried to make it today, but the patent is wrong i guess, on 100gr oil i had i put 23-24ml of fosforic acid (75%) plus acetone 300ml as described it achieved a ph of 7, so i stopped adding, at first sight the acetone stayed on top and the amfetamine was separated, so i put it aside to dry now, so if everything goes ok its gonna be hard and flaky?
You need 131 grams of 75 wt% phosphoric acid to have a mole, which based on the density on this MSDS sheet should correspond to 83 mL. If you added 24 mL you haven't added nearly enough. Phosphoric acid has three acidic protons, with pKa values of 2.1, 7.2, and 12.4. Two of those protons are acidic enough to protonate amphetamine, so you likely made a mixture of dibasic amphetamine phosphate and amphetamine freebase with no monophosphate. You need to add the full mole of phosphoric acid in order to get complete conversion to the monobasic amphetamine phosphate.

Last edited:
Well as you said tried it, after adding more and more, the flaky conversion goes liquid again and disapears, so you have nothing, i went to a ph of 6.5 after that you get nothing :))) the white stuff that came was gone completly, i have made a new batch again with, acetone and equal amount of ipa so 100ml oil, 150ml acetone and 150ml ipa, like that i got a soup like something stopped at ph 7 again, i waited 1 hour so the white amfetamine was dense enough to filter, what i got is a hard substance at the moment, but nothing like flaky like on the picture.