EMD Ambient & all it's sub genres

The classic ambient album, always coming out on top and my personal favourite

never heard that, sounds cool, just had a strong hash edible and am gonna give that album some major attention on some great speakers in a couple of hours :)

here's some late 70's cosmic trippy hippy ambient sounds...you gotta listen to the whole thing really...I can vouch for this a being perfect dmt soundtrack too

i'm a big fan of downtempo and ambient

my favourites include:

alasdair

never heard that, sounds cool, just had a strong hash edible and am gonna give that album some major attention on some great speakers in a couple of hours :)

here's some late 70's cosmic trippy hippy ambient sounds...you gotta listen to the whole thing really...I can vouch for this a being perfect dmt soundtrack too

Yes I love that about ambient albums where the whole album is a journey almost or a trip

The album I posted is definitely a trip. The whole thing just flows and you're on this journey through cold glaciers, mountain terrain like you travelled to the beyond and bump into a tribe in the middle of nowhere. Some nostalgic sounds also

Last edited:
i'm a big fan of downtempo and ambient

my favourites include:

alasdair

Love both albums, the klf would drift me off to sleep. I think that album that comes on top as one of the best on par with substrata

hmmm it's almost ambient, had the immense pleasure of 'experiencing' this crew live at their creative peak

this is a vibe, cats are well known to love this tune for some reason, haha

love ambient, very versatile genre

this album, and the danish label janushoved

have been getting a lot of love from me as of late

more typical ambient, but very emotional, sangam is talented

hmmm it's almost ambient, had the immense pleasure of 'experiencing' this crew live at their creative peak

this is a vibe, cats are well known to love this tune for some reason, haha

Ambient 1 music for airports is my go to sleep album, that piano is just so comforting

I used to love this back in the day, still got the double cd lying somewhere which got played I don't know how many times.
This came out in '92, my first exposure to IDM well I call it that even though it's more house/ambient, the experimental side of electronic music.

This is the first proper IDM album imo.

Gotta have a proper essential mix, they're rank these days.

Nearly forgot about Phaeleh dubstep/ambient like

chillstep or atmospheric d&b I think this is called suicidesheep

He's got a whole playlist of mixes for midnight fun.

THen you have dub techno, not posting that in the techno thread.

The Mary Anne Hobbs experimental show used to be ace. 2-4am I used to stay up late working with this. She introduced me to Burial and Four Tet.

Last edited: