• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien questions-HELP

Siccness909

Bluelighter
What's up BL, I have experience with ambien in past but wanted to clarify some things with it real quick, first is ambien cross tolerant with other benzos I know it's technically a z drug but yeah. 2nd is 10 mg a good dose for recreational use? I'm used to doing 20mgs plus in past but that was years ago...thanks in advance BL

1) GABA-A drugs are cross tolerant with other GABA-A drugs, so yeah. That's why people who use Ambien for insomnia after being on long-term benzodiazepine regiments often don't get much from it

2) 10 mgs is more than enough for "recreational use". Personally I don't think that zolpidem has that much recreational value, although it is enjoyable IMO. But you will definitely feel the effects at 10 mgs if you do not have tolerance to it or drugs of its type.

Im not sure baribturates have much, if any cross tolerance with Ambien but would have to check. What did you feel from 20mg? 10mg was never enough for me but 20-30, if you dont go to sleep can be enjoyable.

But as mentioned by T. Calderone drug like Ambien and barbs can act in synergy which may not be safe. Although 10mg Ambien with normal PB doses usually isnt a big deal. How much PB you take and why?

I recently just tapered off it but I was on 32.4 mgs for severe alcohol withdrawal. I've been off it for a little over 2 weeks now completely. Yeah doesn't seem like 10mg of the ambien has any recreational value, 20mg always did the trick in the past but 10 is like right under the mark before it would become enjoyable based on my experience.