Depression Ambien- day after depressive thoughts

silver_lining

Bluelighter
Sparingly & seldom I will lay down at night with 10-15mg Ambien freshly swallowed.

Works very well, puts me right to sleep. But...

I am finding a very noticeable pattern of depressive thoughts the following day. Like today, I woke up from a very nice sleep with 10mg Ambien, and immediately start googling about Varanasi. I find myself fascinated with death, and Ambien sure brings it out. I must of watched 3 hours of videos, even looked at One-Way plane tickets.

WTF is up with that Mr Ambien?

If i take a valium, it's the complete opposite. The next day is very blissful & positive. Not dark & inquisitive.

But i hate the rebound anxiety caused by benzos, Ambien is a much safer & I never abuse it.

But this next day dark, dreary weirdness is a bit concerning. I'm usually all rainbows and unicorns. This morning its all burning bodies and we all have a 1 way ticket.

WTF is up with that Mr Ambien?
I would suggest discussing this with prescibing doctor in regard to the depressive after effects of ambien (zolpidem).
We could give anecdotal experience with this substance but in the long run the doctor should be informed of this anyway and maybe something could be worked out.
Pregabalin will give me the worst/darkest thoughts if I take it regularly and suddenly stop using so I can definitively empathize with what you are trying to explain as far as the dark emotional place that some substances can cause as a result of use.
Hope you get some others to chime in on this substance as I have no experience with it.
Best wishes and please keep the thread updated if any changes are made and/or these "dark" times becomes too overwheling.
<3