• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien blackouts destroying my life

Legally High

Bluelighter
I have an rx. I need to find someway to get rid of my refills.

I black out for a week once i get it. Withdraw and can't believe what I've done. Lost my job blacked out at work. Next had my real career job process- had made it in, and blacked out.
Driving on it, going places, meeting people not remembering.

The scariest part is I know it will happen again, but right now all I can think about is how I can make it stop before something worse happens.

Ambien is like the creepy stepchild of the sleeping pill world. After some "problems" with it as well I came to the conclusion that some drugs can't be negotiated with and moderation just isn't an option. Hell some poor bastard lost his arm from shooting that stuff not to mention the myriad of stories of how people perform complex tasks with zero recollection afterwards. For me I had to remind myself that the positive effects are nil compared to the trouble that comes with it. It was almost amusing in the beginning but as you've experienced it will turn on some people very quickly.

At the worst you're going to have to tell the pharmacist or doctor you had what you think was an allergic reaction to it and cannot take it any longer. You might be able to get it swapped out for some temazepam or triazolam but even if it means no sleep meds at all it's better than having whole weeks on auto pilot with no frontal cortex activity. Good Luck

have you told your doctor? maybe you could ask for a change in Rx or poss a daily supervised pickup?