• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amature hour (vicodin)

niceguy21

Greenlighter
I am incredibly new to the drug scene. I have never used any sort of drug before. I recently got prescribed vicodin for a surgery. I do not need it for pain as i am pretty much completely healed up. I'm wondering how i can safely use it/have fun with it outside of my prescribed dosages? I am nervous since i've never used before and don't want bad effects. If i don't like it i am also wondering how i can (((throw them away))). Any information is appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It truly is that proverbial hour isn't it? As a 3rd grade, 2nd-runner up Spelling Bee Champion, I must inform you that Amateur is spelled <---that way ;) Only joking of course. Firstly, welcome to Bluelight man! We are happy to have you regardless of how personally offended I am by your spelling. We have a philosophy regarding our discourse here at the forums that can, at times be difficult to understand. In fact, I would say a large portion of my total output working at BL is attempts at explaining what is and is not appropriate around here. For this purpose, we have guidelines that you should read. Otherwise, pay close attention and you will start to figure out what we are all about.

We definitely don't sell drugs, help people acquire drugs, teach them how to make drugs, educate them on great ways to make $20 quickly etc. We are a Harm Reduction community and we desire to maintain a somewhat academic and scholarly reputation, although this can be quite tenuous at times for obvious reasons. If you're talking about something that you are literally in love with, it can be pretty difficult to maintain a stoic, non-emotional approach to things.

We help adults who have chosen to use drugs, do so safely. In a nutshell, that's what you need to know. We have other, non-HR dedicated threads and sub-forums where you can discuss recreation/fun or what have you.

So, what you're dealing with here NiceGuy is an Opioid analgesic. Vicodin is a common brand name for a tablet containing a given quantity of Hydrocodone (Lortab, others) and APAP (Tylenol). So what I can definitely help you with, is using these drugs in a reasonably safe manner.

If you have absolutely no experience with Opioids, I would recommend beginning with 5mg - 10mg Hydrocodone. 10mg is what I recommend to give you the best idea of what you're going to be dealing with at potentially higher dosages without putting you in danger of any kind. To give you an idea, an adult with average physiology should be able to tolerate up to 100mg Hydrocodone without lethal consequences. This is purely anecdotal. This doesn't mean take this amount. I just want to give you a ballpark.

The only good way to go about this is to start at this relatively small dose and wait to see how it effects you. After say, 1 hour or more you're not feeling what you'd like to feel, you can increase the dosage. At this point, it's going to be based upon your own findings. You should experience sedation and feel good, but the effects are going to vary heavily from person to person.

This should no apply to you in any way, given your low dosages, but it's my responsibility to mention to you that the APAP contained in these pills is hepatoxic at higher dosages. This means that you cannot take more than a few of these without risking damage to your liver. However, if it comes to this, the APAP can be easily and quickly separated from the Opioid in a process known as Cold Water Extraction. It's a facile process that anyone with hands can pull of deftly.

Please just step away now. I am in that modd where I totally regret using drugs. I was you in 2013 totally drug naive, and stepping into experimentation.

Just be careful man, too many newbies underestimate the addictive nature of opioids. If you're just curious about getting high in general, I'd suggest finding a psychedelic (or even DXM for that matter) instead. You just can't go back with opioids.

Not a good medicine to use " For Fun"
Very quickly " Not Fun Any More, But still Here!"
I am finding out that it is Very Hard to stop even though I truly want to everyday!
working on a Tapper now, and trust me that is No Fun at all
Hope this finds you well,
JP

Best case scenario you don't like them, worst case you like the high, and you know the story from there.

If you intend to use them start with 5mg, probably one pill of what they gave you. If you don't feel satisfied wait until the next day and try 10mg's. If that doesn't do it for you it'd be best to cut your losses and admit that opiates aren't for you, but if you intend to keep going then keep following the pattern of upping it by 5mg after a day of waiting.

We don't discuss prices or selling drugs here, i'm going to edit your post.

The fact that Opioids are high- addictive, liable for producing severe and crippling dependence that often lasts a lifetime should be considered common knowledge.

Morphine is the gold standard for pain care, as they say. It is also the gold standard for both literal and metaphorical concept of pursuing anything one wants at the cost of all else besides his desires.

I apologize, but I just feel like these qualities of Opioids are so well-known and understood that by including these disclaimers in our responses, we could, in fact, be preventing folks from learning further on the subject.

People eventually are like yea i get it whatever and when they see the "just say no" argument they can immediately stop caring.

^ I will not stop putting that disclaimer because i use it as such, a note at the beginning of my post to warn about the risk in case someone legitimately doesn't know. Then i provide my advice for safe use, which i feel is a smart way to use the disclaimer of addiction potential.

Hey falsified, please don't get me wrong here. I don't think it's wrong, stupid or that you're doing it for the wrong reasons. I too think it could be worth maybe a one-time type of disclaimer regarding how drugs are addictive and what can happen physically or psychologically to those who have become addicted. The point of contention for me (I've been discussing this same issue for years with different people), is that when you have 15 posts in a given thread and 10 of those feature a paraphrased version of the same disclaimer, from each individual, I think it robs us of our ability to be concise and direct with people.

We're trying to keep people safe first and foremost and sometimes, you have to assume that people understand addiction is a negative thing. Most people know that if they touch a hot oven, it will harm them, but that doesn't mean everyone does. But, when I read a recipe on Rachel Ray's website, they do not all start with"

"Don't touch the stove when it's on. You could get hurt

then start chopping the vegetables

but, make sure you don't put your fingers underneath the knife while chopping."

I actually think this is a safe assumption. I can say that factually, I've never met anyone who thought losing control and becoming a drug addict was a decidedly positive and sustainable life move. So, with that in mind, I think it's best to cut the unnecessary out in favor of the life-saving information that they might actually not already be aware of.

Should there be some kind of warning, yes, agreed. Do we need a dozen different warnings in each thread, no. That's where I stand, but I respect you and your opinion. My point is that I think it's a little bit overkill here.