• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Amanita pantherina.

I know @Kaleida likes amanita pantherina and has recommended it as superior to amanita muscaria. But personally I don't have any experience with it. Hopefully she'll chime in, and/or anyone else.

From what I recall, she said that it seems more serotonergic, has better closed eye visuals, and is more reliable in effect per dose. Unfortunately I have no idea about how much a dose is.

As @Xorkoth says, I much prefer Amanita pantherina to Amanita muscaria. The difference between my most memorable experience with either is huge. I don't need all that much of either but roughly 7 g of Amanita muscaria was my normal dosage and feels sort of like a dreamy delirium to me with sort of diphenhydramine-like closed-eye visuals pulsing like waves rippling in water, and I remember my state of mind being fairly neutral, and feeling sedated in a slightly unpleasant way; I did not consider it a strong trip, just enough to get an idea for what it's about. On the other hand, 4 g of Amanita pantherina made me full of uninhibited yet sloppy energy, feeling a lot like an alcohol intoxication that was much more euphoric than alcohol can ever be to the point that my thoughts were sliding into playful gibberish similar to a very powerful psychedelic rush except with no stress whatsoever, just laughing my ass off as I watched the thoughts go by. I was also hanging out with a friend during it fully fine and social, while getting colorful spiderweb-like patterns and smokey distortions and something like the spins of alcohol except with no sickness and geometric patterns being drawn by each ring of the spinning, which pulled out enough to show how I was actually encased in this massive sphere outside of which was a more out-of-body place that I clearly would have more thoroughly entered on a higher dosage. I didn't close my eyes that much, but when I did I was seeing entities dancing by and twisting the closed-eye space into all sorts of ridiculously fast-moving visuals, faster than any psychedelic, with a unique but also sort of salvia-like geometric aesthetic. I puked when it was first kicking in, within the first fifteen minutes, but after that I had no side effects whatsoever and felt amazing. However, I will admit that there does seem to be some dosing variability as mentioned above, as I haven't had another trip that good, but I also haven't taken more than 4 g yet and only took that much again like once or twice, so I don't doubt pushing a little further might bring it out more reliability.

I have literally zero recreational interest in using Amanita muscaria anymore, if I did it would only be to try to learn more about how it differs from Amanita pantherina and might have influenced various cultural or religious beliefs since that's a thing it's known for and I have interest in that stuff. If I just wanted to trip, I would choose Amanita pantherina in a heartbeat.

As @Xorkoth says, I much prefer Amanita pantherina to Amanita muscaria. The difference between my most memorable experience with either is huge. I don't need all that much of either but roughly 7 g of Amanita muscaria was my normal dosage and feels sort of like a dreamy delirium to me with sort of diphenhydramine-like closed-eye visuals pulsing like waves rippling in water, and I remember my state of mind being fairly neutral, and feeling sedated in a slightly unpleasant way; I did not consider it a strong trip, just enough to get an idea for what it's about. On the other hand, 4 g of Amanita pantherina made me full of uninhibited yet sloppy energy, feeling a lot like an alcohol intoxication that was much more euphoric than alcohol can ever be to the point that my thoughts were sliding into playful gibberish similar to a very powerful psychedelic rush except with no stress whatsoever, just laughing my ass off as I watched the thoughts go by. I was also hanging out with a friend during it fully fine and social, while getting colorful spiderweb-like patterns and smokey distortions and something like the spins of alcohol except with no sickness and geometric patterns being drawn by each ring of the spinning, which pulled out enough to show how I was actually encased in this massive sphere outside of which was a more out-of-body place that I clearly would have more thoroughly entered on a higher dosage. I didn't close my eyes that much, but when I did I was seeing entities dancing by and twisting the closed-eye space into all sorts of ridiculously fast-moving visuals, faster than any psychedelic, with a unique but also sort of salvia-like geometric aesthetic. I puked when it was first kicking in, within the first fifteen minutes, but after that I had no side effects whatsoever and felt amazing. However, I will admit that there does seem to be some dosing variability as mentioned above, as I haven't had another trip that good, but I also haven't taken more than 4 g yet and only took that much again like once or twice, so I don't doubt pushing a little further might bring it out more reliability.

I have literally zero recreational interest in using Amanita muscaria anymore, if I did it would only be to try to learn more about how it differs from Amanita pantherina and might have influenced various cultural or religious beliefs since that's a thing it's known for and I have interest in that stuff. If I just wanted to trip, I would choose Amanita pantherina in a heartbeat.
Never used Amanitas.I am curious.For sure nothing compared to psylocibe,different contains...but still mushroom.A.Muscaria here is rare,cause there isnt a lot of coniferous trees.See him very times in other mountains.The most prominent mushroom(every little child pictured muscaria as mushrooms.Beautiful indeed.A.Pantherina is abundant sometimes.Heard that is somehow more powerful,probably and dangerous than Fly Agaric.Contains almost identical ingredients...its interesting

Never used Amanitas.I am curious.For sure nothing compared to psylocibe,different contains...but still mushroom.A.Muscaria here is rare,cause there isnt a lot of coniferous trees.See him very times in other mountains.The most prominent mushroom(every little child pictured muscaria as mushrooms.Beautiful indeed.A.Pantherina is abundant sometimes.Heard that is somehow more powerful,probably and dangerous than Fly Agaric.Contains almost identical ingredients...its interesting

While there can be considered to be some overlaps shared between the types of mushrooms not necessarily shared by every other type of drug out there, especially superficially, it should be noted that psilocybin mushrooms and hallucinogenic amanitas are ultimately very, very different. In terms of physical toxicity, as far as I've been able to determine with my research, the idea that hallucinogenic amanitas are dangerous is mostly a myth, or related to accidental ingestion of unbelievably huge dosages like while trying to use them as food or something, and even then seems more likely to affect those who already have compromised or sensitive health (like old people or children). The most extreme symptom I tend to read about most of the time with the average person when it does occur is falling into a coma-like sleep, which can obviously be both disturbing and disruptive, but it always passes. Some have claimed seizures, however my personal experience so far leads me to believe they might be just misinterpreting a full-body tremor, similar to what some psychedelics including psilocybin can do, but I can't make that claim with absolutely certainty. What I can say is that according to the scientific papers I've read, Amanita pantherina actually contains more muscimol and ibotenic acid than Amanita muscaria just in general, and also has a higher ratio of muscimol to ibotenic acid, and lacks muscarine, all of which seems like a really good thing in my book, to the point that I think it's likely why I prefer them.

Mentally speaking, amanitas are not something to take lightly, although they can be fun and easygoing at lower dosages, but I wouldn't say that alone really seems like a primary motivation for taking them to me - I'd take carisoprodol if I wanted a similar buzz just to get buzzed, for instance. I've enjoyed exploring amanitas for their rather dark and mysterious properties, although for the same reason, I think it's worth treating them with a lot of respect, especially if you intend to push the dosage. They feel as though they get more directly into the "near-death experience-like" area of tripping for me, and if you're not ready to face your demons with love without the help of the big wallop of love that psilocybin gives you and instead with a heavy delusional intoxication, you should definitely tread carefully. I tend not to overtly discourage people from using certain substances they're interested in although in this case I personally actually wouldn't recommend them except to people who can handle a lot and are really willing to work with a substance and themselves, although again, if you stick to lower dosages it won't really matter that much.

While there can be considered to be some overlaps shared between the types of mushrooms not necessarily shared by every other type of drug out there, especially superficially, it should be noted that psilocybin mushrooms and hallucinogenic amanitas are ultimately very, very different. In terms of physical toxicity, as far as I've been able to determine with my research, the idea that hallucinogenic amanitas are dangerous is mostly a myth, or related to accidental ingestion of unbelievably huge dosages like while trying to use them as food or something, and even then seems more likely to affect those who already have compromised or sensitive health (like old people or children). The most extreme symptom I tend to read about most of the time with the average person when it does occur is falling into a coma-like sleep, which can obviously be both disturbing and disruptive, but it always passes. Some have claimed seizures, however my personal experience so far leads me to believe they might be just misinterpreting a full-body tremor, similar to what some psychedelics including psilocybin can do, but I can't make that claim with absolutely certainty. What I can say is that according to the scientific papers I've read, Amanita pantherina actually contains more muscimol and ibotenic acid than Amanita muscaria just in general, and also has a higher ratio of muscimol to ibotenic acid, and lacks muscarine, all of which seems like a really good thing in my book, to the point that I think it's likely why I prefer them.

Mentally speaking, amanitas are not something to take lightly, although they can be fun and easygoing at lower dosages, but I wouldn't say that alone really seems like a primary motivation for taking them to me - I'd take carisoprodol if I wanted a similar buzz just to get buzzed, for instance. I've enjoyed exploring amanitas for their rather dark and mysterious properties, although for the same reason, I think it's worth treating them with a lot of respect, especially if you intend to push the dosage. They feel as though they get more directly into the "near-death experience-like" area of tripping for me, and if you're not ready to face your demons with love without the help of the big wallop of love that psilocybin gives you and instead with a heavy delusional intoxication, you should definitely tread carefully. I tend not to overtly discourage people from using certain substances they're interested in although in this case I personally actually wouldn't recommend them except to people who can handle a lot and are really willing to work with a substance and themselves, although again, if you stick to lower dosages it won't really matter that much.
Yeah wright.Some day eventually would try low dose Muscaria.Did nut dare to touch at this point panterina.Heard that the trip is somehow shorter than psylocibe like duration and more alcohol like feeling.Muscimol is interesting compound to me.Never heard of fatal poisoning from muscaria.Pantera scared me a little bit and yes there is some non fatal poisoning from them by people mistaken it for Amanita rubescens,which is edible and many people collect it.Not so tasty like A.Cesarea,which is one of my favourite....but rare.Despite that one year was so abundant that we eat it everyday.Incredible taste...sadly you cannot dried properly or conservate it.Only with some vinegar for salade.Going shrooming till was may be 5-6 years old.My grandmother was my teacher.She was devoted shroomer and great chief too.Bothanics and micology are my passion.Wish you well Kaleida