Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Amanita Muscaria Preparation Issue

Grigore

Bluelighter
30 fresh amanita muscaria caps.

Can't dry them with a fan,can't sun dry them,can't hang them upside down to dry(it's not recommended to hang them upside down anyways),can't use a desiccant.

Should I:

1. Put them in the frying pan at small fire for 10 minutes? In this way,I guess that they will dry and release the water and the ibotenic acid will convert to muscimol.The released water will contain the muscimol and the ibotenic acid converted to muscimol because both alkaloids are water soluble.But,at what temperature does the ibotenic acid convert to muscimol? (60 C I guess)

2. Put them in the oven until they dry out and then eat them?

3. Put the caps in boiling water(muscimol decomposes at over 100+ C),wait for the ibotenic acid to convert to muscimol(will it convert to muscimol in water?),boil at minimum fire for 10 minutes,strain caps and drink tea.

4. Make shroom barbeque on a grill or over a fire.

Also,what opioid,easy to get with prescription at pharmacies,should I buy,in order to counteract atropine's pupil dilation? (Unrelated question)

seriously..can anyone just say an opinion about this? I don't want to watch those shrooms rot in front of my eyes..

I'm going to put these shrooms in oil to preserve them,but,please,does anybody know how should I prepare them?

Your comment is drowning in repulsion and ignorance,what did this mushroom did to you so you can say that it sucks?

I doubt many people have experience with Amanitas in the first place man. From what I can tell, you're the head expert on all things un-recreational to most (aka amanitas, datura, etc.)

I believe I used the oven last year, before I switched to the fan. I put them in hot, but not boiling water afterwards, in both cases.

Alternatively, you could just let it be, and be glad you won't meet the witch..

Dry them the same as you would a cubensis. Option 2 seems to be the most efficient route, but be wary of high temperatures. Ittl take about 10 hours to dry, maybe more. Place them on the middle rack with the oven door propped slightly open. Place the oven on the lowest heat setting and just leave it. Youll know theyre dry when the texture is like a cracker, there should be no spongy feeling.

But by no means should you put then over an open flame or a surface which had a temperature exceeding 150 (to be safe, im not sure of the degredation temperature of the alkaloids in an amanita)

Also, if youre looking to store them, honey is a great preservative for fresh shrooms. Might take a bit of honey though with 30 caps.

Why not just eat them fresh?

I'm going to put these shrooms in oil to preserve them,but,please,does anybody know how should I prepare them?

Yes!
Get someone else to eat all 30 caps, save all their piss for the next 48 hours, put the piss in the fridge, and drink said piss at your leisure.

This is what real shamans do...sort of...at least that's what I've heard.

Bon appetit.