• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc amanita muscaria mushroom questions

sbellow2002

Greenlighter
OK so I was planning on going out sometime this year and hunting for amanita muscaria mushrooms, but I have two questions that tend to vary on different things I see. 1- what time of year would be best for hunting, and do they grow in southeast Texas? I have a lot of pines and a big expanse of woods next to my house. 2- do I have to use an oven to dry? Or can I just cut it up into pieces and place on newspaper in a closet until dry. I hear a lot of people going back and forth between you have to dry in an oven to it's best not to. And i won't really have access to one because I am living with my parents... I was sure what category to put this in because I see a lot of people saying it's a psychedelic and some people saying it's a dissasociative and ect.

its an entheogen for sure, as for whether to call it a psychedelic i would but its definitely different from lsd/mescaline/psilocybin. yet its also much closer to those than ketamine or dxm. it has the potential to be one of the best (and also one of the worst) highs out there.

they grow in the fall although its possible to find some in midsummer. dunno about texas.

you dont need to use an oven to dry, although i dont see why that would be a problem with your parents. just tell them you are going mushroom picking and want to dry your shrooms or do it at night whilst they are sleeping.

if you really want to know about how ot use amanita i recommend the book sacred soma shamans. the authors seem a little stuck up and full of themselves but if you can look past that, its a wonderful read. wouldnt recommend it for materailist types though, as there is lots of wonderful info on spiritual use that would most likely piss them off.

Ok, thanks for the info and I will for sure look into the book. I'm not the materialistic type definitely lol. And yeah I was thinking about just doing it at night. What temperature would be best for them? And how long? Thanks.

i just checked my soma shamans book and it says the best way to dry 'em is sun drying, it says to hang them from a bush or tree or clothes line and let the wind and the sun dry 'em. it says oven drying causes significant loss of potency, even with the door ajar. it says food dehydrators are also a good method.

also one thing i want to note about dosing, according to my own experience (which was lator corroborated in the soma shamans book) the best way to dose is a bite or two at a time, then let your body adjust, then another bite or two. Taking your dose all once tends to result in sick feelings and side effects and bad experiences. thats why there is no many negative experience reports on the internet.

every time i took a big dose at once i had a bad experience, whereas when i dosed gradally my experiences were 95% positive.

OK I will be sure to do that, I think I'm probably going to test out a few different ways too, if I can get enough. And would that way of consuming them make the trip any less powerful?