• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I wasting my time trying Kratom

Status
Not open for further replies.

namnoc16

Bluelighter
I just arranged to have a 20 gram sample sent to me but the more I think about it I'm thinking it's a waste of time. I've never done Kratom but until over month ago was using opiates pretty steady for 22 years. I still get scripted Oxys but can't abuse them because the boss(wife) saves me from myself by holding them.
Anyway I haven't touched my oxys since December(but still go to doc for script) and in a moment of weakness ordered a free sample(actually 2 10 gram samples) of Kratom.Everyone talks about it's just like opiates you'll love it ,but even when I wasn't abusing my DOC my tolerance never went back to baseline. What I'm saying is if I wanted to get high right now after not using for a month I'd need at least 30mg of oxys to feel any euphoria.So my question is will doing Kratom be a waste of time?

Given your history your history it's likely you will feel underwhelmed, though who knows really. The demographic of kratom users tends to be either those with a fairly low history of opioid abuse or heavy users who have tapered from their DOC in order to maintain on kratom, the latter very rarely experiencing a ''high". Something to keep in mind is that kratom primarily functions as a partial opioid agonist, being that the full agonist 7-OH Mitragynine is present in small amounts.

As for whether or not it's a waste of time I think it's only good to give kratom a try as a substitute for stronger, full agonist opioids due to it's near impossibility of overdose, better safety profile, and generally less intense withdrawal syndrome. It also lends itself better to functionality with it's noradrenaline activity, though some may see this as a negative.

Whatever you do know that kratom has a ceiling and more is absolutely not better with this plant. High doses of kratom lead to nasty vertigo and nausea spells that suck... so make sure you start low (3-5gs should be appropriate), space each dose at least 4 hours apart to allow tolerance from the initial dose to pass, up your dose no more than a gram or two at a time, and weigh your dose. Just go into the experience with an open mind and reasonable expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.