• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Meth Am i the only one???

lbsbmc86

Greenlighter
Hey everyone! Meth user here.... I've been using meth for about 3 years I guess. I smoke or snort and sometimes just swallow it... I see myself as a functioning addict I guess. I have a full time job in Healthcare, am a single parent to 2 great kids, never been in trouble with the law and feel like I maintain everyday life pretty well....I live in a nice house with lots of material things but I'm curious??? Does anyone else feel like this? I'm being pushed by family and such to get sober but I don't see the issue???

When I don't use, I can't even get off the couch. I'm super emotional, sometimes suicidal, can't take care of my kids or myself. I have zero confidence and don't want to even talk to anyone.

My bf says I need to have scientific studies done because he's never met anyone like that before. I eat and sleep and can honestly say, constipation is the only negative...🤣

Why would I stop something that makes me feel so much better????

You're definitely not the only person that can use their DOC and still be a functioning member of society. I've met and heard of plenty who are able to, including some people on this forum. Generally the definition of addiction is it requires the use to start negatively impacting your life in some way, like health finances or personal relationships

I don’t believe that relatively ‘functional’ meth users are as rare as perceived, it’s just that the highly dysfunctional ones draw more attention due to their extreme behavior. However, if you’re relying on it to live, then you’re probably not doing as well as you think. The big risk here is that things could take an unexpected bad turn pretty quickly.

Being able to sleep and eat is actually fairly normal for chronic users. Oddly enough, it’s more common in people that use high doses, causing a more pronounced and long-lasting change in the nervous system (heavy dopamine receptor downregulation that shows as a strong form of tolerance to the drug). What’s your average daily dose?

Last edited:
I don’t believe that relatively ‘functional’ meth users are as rare as perceived, it’s just that the highly dysfunctional ones draw more attention due to their extreme behavior. However, if you’re relying on it to live, then you’re probably not doing as well as you think. The big risk here is that things could take an unexpected bad turn pretty quickly.

Being able to sleep and eat is actually fairly normal for chronic users. Oddly enough, it’s more common in people that use high doses, causing a more pronounced and long-lasting change in the nervous system (heavy dopamine receptor downregulation that shows as a strong form of tolerance to the drug). What’s your average daily dose?
You're definitely not the only person that can use their DOC and still be a functioning member of society. I've met and heard of plenty who are able to, including some people on this forum. Generally the definition of addiction is it requires the use to start negatively impacting your life in some way, like health finances or personal relationships
I would say maybe 1 to 2 grams a day/every other day... not alot but enough to keep me going and enough to be able to tell when I don't have it.

My bf is total opposite. We can split a small bag and he'll be up for days while I snort a line and fall asleep. Some days I'll use more and others not as much. It really depends. I just can't go a day without and it is getting very expensive, especially in my area.

I would say maybe 1 to 2 grams a day/every other day... not alot but enough to keep me going and enough to be able to tell when I don't have it.

My bf is total opposite. We can split a small bag and he'll be up for days while I snort a line and fall asleep. Some days I'll use more and others not as much. It really depends. I just can't go a day without and it is getting very expensive, especially in my area.
I don’t know if you realize, but those are massive doses, even for recreational use. Either you’ve developed a significant tolerance through constant dose escalation, or you’re on some prescription medication that blocks its effects. However, 1g a day is definitely indicative of meth abuse, and I don’t believe such usage pattern can be sustained for much longer. I hope I’m wrong, but the likelihood of experiencing debilitating side effects, especially psychological and cardiovascular ones, is quite high.

I have quite a bit of experience with ‘functional’ use (I did it for almost 5 years on and off), and for it to be sustainable, you should probably be using less than 100mg a day, ideally less than 50mg. However, given your tolerance, it might be challenging to switch to lower doses.

I would encourage you to explore the underlying reasons for using such large amounts everyday. Are you self-medicating for something? Or are you caught in the stimulant abuse cycle, where you feel like you have no other choice but to keep doing it because of how dysfunctional you become when you stop?

Hey everyone! Meth user here.... I've been using meth for about 3 years I guess. I smoke or snort and sometimes just swallow it... I see myself as a functioning addict I guess. I have a full time job in Healthcare, am a single parent to 2 great kids, never been in trouble with the law and feel like I maintain everyday life pretty well....I live in a nice house with lots of material things but I'm curious??? Does anyone else feel like this? I'm being pushed by family and such to get sober but I don't see the issue???

When I don't use, I can't even get off the couch. I'm super emotional, sometimes suicidal, can't take care of my kids or myself. I have zero confidence and don't want to even talk to anyone.

My bf says I need to have scientific studies done because he's never met anyone like that before. I eat and sleep and can honestly say, constipation is the only negative...🤣

i agree with you 100% even though we are wrong. i need a goid way to test my stuff. goid contact got told on .of course flipping kids!!!!

there are probably millions of functional meth addicts worldwide. going to work everyday, paying the bills, raising kids etc. and doing a better job of it due to that xtra energy and motivation it gives you when used in moderation everyday. i myself have been a functioning addict for 25ish years. i have a freind who just retired as an emergency room nurse after 30 years. i was able to look thru her job performance reviews while helping her move the other a day and they were absolutely stellar!! That being said, it does takes its toll after awhile, both physically ( the meth going aroundthese days seems way more toxic than it was back in the day). financially and the inevitable trouble with the law that sooner or later happens to just about everyone. wrong place wrong time and POW, the downhill spiral begins!!! i feel exactly the same way you do when i quit for periods of time. i know a few people who have managed to get off and stay off meth with the use of adderal if you can get a script for it in high enough doses to stave of the terrible depression and exhaustion that inevitably causes almost everyone to start using again. adderal and high dose wellbutrin combined seems to help my former addict friends function effectively without succumbing to their cravings. Your doing fine now. But its better to get that monkey off your back before it starts to weigh you down.

As long as you keep your usage under control. Put life and other important priorities first.

I've seen many people fall victim when they have no self control and this drug is to not be underestimated, don't think you are immune to chronic addiction either because it can happen without you knowing. It's those highly dysfunctional ones that give the drug a bad name and reputation (many cases of it). I'm not saying the drug is good itself, because chemically wise it's not, it's toxic to your body and brain.

I would also suggest limit your usage and do them every couple of weeks or so, but it's your choice.