• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Am I The Only One That This Happens To?

Princess_kitten

Greenlighter
I find that whenever I take a benzodiazepine, even if it's Clonazepam, it will wear off if I fall asleep for even just a few minutes. That happened to me recently and I had fallen asleep for 20 minutes! This always happens if I fall asleep after taking a benzodiazepine (and I am aware they can cause drowsiness) but I find it strange that once I wake up it feels like I never took anything at all - the anxiety/panic is back.

Does this happen to anyone else (if you fall asleep for a short amount of time after taking a benzodiazepine you find that, once you wake up, it feels like you never took a benzodiazepine)?

I've felt this way with anything i've taken, i guess something resets in the brain after falling asleep

This used to happen to me a lot in the alprazolam phase of my life. On one specific incident I fell asleep in the back seat of a car(after taking like 4mg) while traveling for my job. When I awoke I was sweaty and nervous as hell; especially due to being in unfamiliar settings.

I'm sorry that this happens to you falsifiedhypothesi and Dr. Extract, but I'm also glad I'm not the only one that experiences this.

Hylight, what do you mean it takes days for it to wear off? I know that it stays in your system for days but I'm talking about the purpose of it - I don't feel relaxed if I fall asleep after taking it, even if I fell asleep for only a few minutes.