• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Am I the only dingdong?

Yeah i dont ever preach " its the government" to avoid sounding a iddy bit insane but it would make sense, the company escapes me, the oxy making company thats made what 45billion off oxycodone in the last 22 years? Perhaps its the gov's way of fighting back to divert the potential funds elsewhere

I actually think that Purdue's motives in handling oxycodone like they did were humanitarian as in the early 1990s the chronic pain undertreatment situation was, if possible, worse than it is now, and politicians and lazy journalists just want to blame somebody for something they know nothing about. Maybe a big fraction of the opioids that are used are consumed in North America, but it is manifestly not enough for the pain there, and the real reason for that polarisation is the situation in the developing world and a lot of middle-income countries as well. I always carry a huge supply with me and put a lot of it in a bank safe deposit box in the destination country when I visit Africa and other places because the figures I see for per capita morphine base equivalent use per annum are mortifying and there is horrible suffering around the world for this reason.

I really wish that Trump, the INCB, WHO, Putin, Macron, Van Der Bellen, Modi, Merkel and other folks could get together and arrange to purchase the entire Afghan poppy crop each year and make medicines with it and stash the rest in a cave in case of an emergency. Then on the other end, legalising smack and opium pretty much ends the crime element of it because first they are outcompeted, then there is first a raw material shortage and then a commodity price crash which completes it all. Maybe they could even have Chicago Board of Trade type market set up in Geneva or Vienna and the opium price can crash along with stocks when all of the hot air starts to come out of the markets . . .

Last edited: