• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Am I reducing my tolerance/withdrawls? Methadone

some dude

Bluelighter
I currently take 11mg Methadone. 2 week takeouts.
For the past few months, I take all of my doses in about a week, and then for the 2nd week I take Kratom. Eat, and sleep normally.

Am I reducing my tolerance, and or withdrawl period vs taking the methadone every day?

How long have you been doing this? 11 mgs is a pretty low dose but what you are saying is that you are prescribed 77 mgs per week but by taking it all in 1 week you are taking the whole 154. Then the next week just kratom?

Seems to me you are increasing your tolerance as opposed to reducing it. So by misusing your script to get high on the first week and denying yourself the second, you aren't doing yourself any favors. But I get it. Take homes have hurt more than they help a lot of people that post on BL.

Kratom is kind of strange in how it effects tolerance. It seems to block opiates for a short time, at least in my experience, and some select people don't seem to have many withdrawal symptoms from it.

It's hard to say but at the very least you are probably going to be shortening the duration of your withdrawal by switching to kratom. At least you'll probably be shortening it if you end up CTing at the end of one of your kratom weeks.

How long have you been doing this? 11 mgs is a pretty low dose but what you are saying is that you are prescribed 77 mgs per week but by taking it all in 1 week you are taking the whole 154. Then the next week just kratom?

Seems to me you are increasing your tolerance as opposed to reducing it. So by misusing your script to get high on the first week and denying yourself the second, you aren't doing yourself any favors. But I get it. Take homes have hurt more than they help a lot of people that post on BL.
I don’t see why that is..they pretty much saying here’s some stuff you can get high on how’s your self control as an addict ,?