• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I overdoing it?

seahawks168

Bluelighter
Ok so I know all this "you can't be addicted to marijuana" stuff. But I mean why can't you?
I've been smoking a lot more recently (at night to relax and go to bed), but lately I find it hard to not smoke a bowl before I sit down to relax at night and go to sleep. If I don't smoke it I become slightly anxious.

During the day I function: go to school, study, work, etc. But at the end of the day I "need" that bowl. Is that bad?

Cannabis is addictive, as are almost all drugs.

The myth that it is not addictive is based on it's lack of severe physical withdrawal symptoms as with benzo or opiate detox. But it does have some pretty annoying psychological WD, especially if you've been smoking a long time. Personally, when i go too long without smoking, I get extremely insomniatic

And yes, if you are starting to use it every day, you are probably becoming psychologically dependant. You should take a >month-long break if you're worried about your use, it might help, it typically does for me.

If it's not interfering with your work and school than you will be fine.

This is terrible advice. Personally, I think any drug addiction isn't desirable, and weed can be insidious. It may seem harmless at first but as your addiction deepens you may find yourself with less motivation and energy, and with the new evidence that it can cause severe heart problems there has never been a better time to quit the stuff. OP, I suggest cutting right back and use it like you'd use other drugs, as a treat or special occasion rather than an everyday necessity.

You are absolutely right. Cannabis can be addictive in its own right and definitely have a negative effect on your quality of life. If you are starting to feel like you need this bowl at night, reduce the dose and try to stop making it a daily thing!

I can attest to this I have trouble sleeping if I don't smoke before bed and I smoke less than a gram a day. At one point I was smoking around 5 grams a day, I couldn't eat, sleep, or have fun unless I smoked. THAT is overdoing it. Look into how much melotonin is released when you smoke weed, I believe that is the main reason you have trouble sleeping when you smoke everyday because your brain is used to ALOT more melotonin than is naturally made. Overall If its not interferring with your life then go for it, weed is probably the drug with the least negative effects from daily use.

If your really worried do what the others said and moderate your intake more, the sleeping probs will be gone in 3 days or less.
Drinking chamomile tea, supplimenting melotonin, or taking valeran root are all good pharm. free sleep-aids