• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Am I only one?

The fact you're here asking for advice shows that you do want to see some change in your life. It's alright to be afraid too you know.. a relationship means exposing yourself, on several different levels, to another person and vica-versa. It's natural to be hesitant about that. But there's a great joy to be found in that experience.. nature has designed it that way for a reason.

What you'll find is that actually your doubts and fears are not really you, but that you're letting them dictate how you feel. If you opened up to a partner they would most likely help you realize that. Have some self respect and belief in yourself.. you are just as worthy of experiencing it all as any other human being. You have throw caution to the wind a bit and be afraid to be naked and vulnerable. You'll never get anywhere with life itself if you're always bowing down to fear. Fuck fear. Push through.

I believe it's a common head space to be in but I think you will grow out of it in time. I felt the same 10 years ago and funny enough, I met my wife a few months later. Enjoy your time alone but don't completely close yourself off to new potential relationships(whether it be sexual or platonic).

Last edited:
I don't even know what I want from this world anyone, just maybe a friend, someone platonic prob at first, maybe just a person I could talk to about my problems, someone that could help me get out of this house lol. Def was a lot easier in college, in fact I don't think I've ever on my own gone out to a social event. I won't even go to a basketball court by myself. I guess I could always start my exploring the area that I live, been here almost two years only walked around my complex and across the street. I guess I just gotta find a place to start. And I just want to continue to thank everyone for all your advice and help.

Well in the long run your significant other would ideally be your best friend.

That is what is was like when I lived with a woman for 3 years, give or take. We were basically married without the paperwork.

You can't be in this world alone. I am not saying just be with someone to be with someone. That is usually self validation and kind of pathetic.

I personally would hate to not have sex. I always try to have some woman I can have sex with even if our relationship is very casual (fuck buddies). That brief connection you feel when you have sex is important in life. It is something that is biologically built into you. It is a human need to reproduce so the act of sex is fufilling that even if you do not intend to reproduce. The connection between two people when they are having sex and both enjoy it is unlike anything else. For that moment and it is free you love that person and then you don't, you just care about them.

I am not saying I have not loved any women I dated but not most of them. I still cared about them. It just didn't progress to that point. People don't usually marry the first person they have sex with so dating is not a commitment you can't get out of. It is just like ending a friendship. The longer you are friends with someone the harder it is to stop being friends. Sometimes you have friends you rarely see and sometimes you have friends you hang out with and speak to constantly or even are room mates.

That really is not that much different than dating but there is sex involved. I don't have sex with by male friends because I am not into men. I do have female friends and have sex with some of them from time to time and then we go back to being friends or not friends. Some women I desired so much we became friends after we were intimate.

I suppose you find love when you are not looking for it or so people say. You usually don't meet women because you are trying to find a girlfriend even if you want one. You find a woman you really fancy when you come across the right one. Shutting down the idea of dating is kind of stupid. It sounds like you haven't given it much of a try.

Maybe you haven't met the right woman and maybe you have not have had good sex yet. But you should at least give it a go. Sometimes sex quality depends on just more than physical attraction. You also have to have a certain bond or similar tastes in the bedroom. I can think of a few women that I really liked to be with and they were some of the most attractive women I dated but it was more than that. I also liked to be around them and there was something else too. I don't know if word love applies but it was just something about them.

Ironically the most attractive woman I ever dated (everyone I know thinks she is the best looking woman they have every met) was good in bed but still it lacked a certain spark. She loved me and I thought I loved her but I didn't. I really found that despite being very attracted to her physically that we didn't really connect mentally. I don't think she will with anyone. She just was very closed minded and I don't mean that in a sexual way. There was no intellect to her and there was no real substance to our relationship. The sexual attraction was there and we liked each other but other than that there was nothing else other than our shared drug addiction. That wasn't enough to keep us together.

I would say that the women I dated that I really connected with I found very attractive but also we could talk and felt comfortable around each other. We did things together and we seemed to be on the same page. These women were not not the same at all in terms of their interests or personality but still we were compatible but there was more than that and I can't put my finger on it other than maybe it was love.

Right now I am not really on the prowl so to speak, I am just busy but I still would want to a relationship if I was to find a woman I wanted to be with. I do see a few women every once in a while for a bit of sex and someone to hang out with.

I just don't think you should have this mindset. It doesn't sound healthy. My sister was all "I don't need a man, I won't get married unless I find the perfect man." Well lets fast forward 20 years. She is one of the most miserable people you could ever meet. She is such a bitch these days, she takes it out on other family members and her social life consists of crashing my other sisters house parties, getting drunk and talking shit and getting kicked out. She is actually a very attractive women, well educated, well traveled, well read, and has a great job. All the same, miserable cunt.

I was friends with an artist who was her age. This dude was a multimillionaire and he is the man. Straight up cool dude and very polite. He gets chicks half his age. But anyways he saw a picture of my sister and just had to meet her. She was not interested. They did not hit if off and he said to me later "no offense, but your sister is some kind of bitch.' She had said she thought he was attractive and that she would like to meet him but I don't know what happened but she shut him down.

I am using her as an example as a person who shuts out the world and regrets it down the road. Dating leads to all sorts of things you don't want to have happen like heartbreak, rejection, and yes it can be difficult to end a relationship but it also has so many great things like passion, sex, intimacy, and it really is both a biological and social need.

I suppose primates and some other smart animals do not breed in captivity. Maybe you feel a bit pressured by your family? You said it was cultural. Is it kind of the arranged marriage type?

Just remember it is your life. You can do whatever you want. This is a drug forum and you have the desire to use drugs and you don't seem to share that with your friends. I think maybe you feel a bit stuck in a social network of people you don't really connect with. I can understand not wanting them. Personally I don't care if a woman uses drugs and usually try to not date women who use much drugs or at least the bad ones.

I think you just need to get out of your bubble whether it is self imposed or you are sticking with your family and people you grew up with and maybe you just do not like your community. Life is about choices and once again it is your life. I think maybe you are not living the one you really want to.

That being said I think you really should try going and doing your own thing. If you do the same things with the same people I could see it getting really boring. I go to the bar, see live music, and do alot of shit by myself. I usually end up making friends and meeting women when I go out by myself. I do have friends I hang out with and do those type of thing with too. I Just am not attached to them to the point where I need them with me.

So you say you don't need anyone in your life and then you say you can't shoot hoops by yourself? What is really going on? Just ask yourself that if you do not want to answer it here.

If you over think everything it won't work.
There are so many women on this planet, you'll eventually find one. Just be open and stop thinking so much.

Playing basketball is something I enjoyed, I always went with someone. After my incident it recommended to me by the person that first helped me to explore when I live and just get out the apartment go to a court make some friends and play ball. I couldn't even do that. Sometimes the suggestions seem so easy I get excited right up until the point it's time to act, then I just freeze up. I have no idea what's wrong with me. And I've never experienced anything like love, and my only sexual incounter was me being a drunk wing man to a girl a year or two older then me. And I can admit I have shut down all thoughts of being in a relationship with anyone. I still let all the bad experiences get to me and since nothing good has ever come of it I decided I'm not gonna be made a fool of anymore. And sometimes I feel like I don't, like I want to dumb all the people who call themselves friends but can't remember my.birthday after being friends for 10+ while I know all their birthdays and all their gfs.birthdays. I feel like I put in a lot more then I get out and I'm not regarded as important cause I'm the only one that never have anyone. I just want to be accepted for who I really am and feel like part of something, not just like a dog that's always tailing behind his friend and gf. And I understand I'm just me and it's their gfs, maybe I'm being unfair. Maybe it is time to just finally let go of them all. Funny though, the few friends I did make on my own just ended up being better friends with my old ones, so I was still stuck alone.

I see a lot of my issues when reading some of your posts. I'm too far gone give any useful advice but I wish you the best of luck...I will say though that you seem to still be fairly young so take advantage of that while you still can. Being middle aged and in you shoes is 10x worse.

Thank you, I hope I can get least enough help to have hope, I went so low, I don't know if your religious or not but I threw away my bible and anything religious. I just felt abandoned by the world. Iono, bravery, self esteem and self confidence, just being overall strong are prob one of my hardest obstacles to being social and just getting out this apartment. And I guess maybe it's not too late for anyone to change, I've been told.

Your not alone when it comes to what you have talked about. Thats for sure. Alot of people go thru exactly what you are going thru everyday. Western culture has built up this list of things that we need to have accomplished by certain times in our life and if we dont we are made to feel less than or that something is wrong with us. Im supposed to be married by this time, have the career job by this time, kids, and my mortage by this time. Without even thinking about it we tend to try and meet this criteria. And the question is why?

I didnt come up with these rules. Did you? The goal is that at the end of this list, we will have the money and when we have money we can buy things and that ultimately is what is going to make us happy. Its pretty sick when you really think about it.

You find what makes you happy and everything else will fall into place. If a genie came down and gave you everything that you feel is lacking in your life right now, do you think that would make you happy. Maybe for a period of time but you would end up right back in this spot though. Its an inside job. You control your future. The trick is to be ok with whats going on right now. However you find that path is up to you. Cause you can have everything in the world, but if your not happy it means nothing. But if you find serenity in your life at the present moment then man youve won.

@Ridler2k7, can you please forget the idea that something is wrong with you? Can we oversimplify things here?

So, you find it hard to leave your apartment, so do millions, everyday.

You haven't been in love,- you're like 25?

And had sex once.

Don't know if you like gals or guys.

Fit in depression, suicidal thoughts,

It's not all together that strange for a young man.

Instead of stressing about all the things you think you're not,- focus on who & what you are,

I hate to be the one to say this, but men's brains don't fully develop until late twenties.

It's not about where your friends are up to or who they're with.. Make this about you!!

Rtp

Maybe I do over think things, or look at most of the world and always compare myself to them. I've just never meet anyone like me or knew until it was too late. I couldn't even tell you what's normal, when I went to the psych ward that lady made me feel so ashamed, so different and weird that her reaction to my wrist was as if it was missing, and the questions about just made me feel stupid. I wish what other people said and thought about me didn't bother me, but it does do much, to the point I may make up the fact that everyone talks about me behind my back, but I guess I'm doing it again, making it about what other people think instead of what I need to get better....

There are things that I say that people always tell me to stop saying, like I say sorry for everything, apologize for things that I didn't do or even if I was just in the way. I always tend to never speak up for myself and let anyone abuse me how they want. I live with regret about everything. I feel if I tried harder whatever little talent I had could of went somewhere, or least been a hobby. And well the words failure, unsuccessful, waste of a life, worthless, and unwanted are most of words used to describe myself. I guess somehow I have to change all this thinking..... just don't know how yet

Riddler, it's a positive change that you're already thinking about what you need to do to be happier in life. Perhaps focus on one thing at s time, one step at a time.

Rtp

I want to reach out to someone, but don't even know who or what to say to that person. I want to talk to someone but don't really even know how to start a regular conversation or what to talk about.

Again IMO, you're putting too much pressure on yourself. Follow the other persons clues & conversation can flow naturally. Talk about the weather, basketball, food. Whatever's happening in the other persons life, be interested, ask questions...

Rtp

Well I ended up chickening out and not talking to anyone again. I don't even know why I bother, and advice I try to do that's great I just get too scared and paranoid that the worse will happen and just kinda go back into my hole. For the past few days I've been thinking about what would happened if I opened up to people and every thought was just worse and worse. Not a day goes by that I don't think about ending it all, that I'm not worth worrying about. That no one really even wants me around anyways, I'm just someone people point at and pity. I just want to sleep, it's so peaceful, I'm just tired of trying, I can't do this, I can't do what everyone thinks I can do or expects of me. I'm just a pot head failure, that's all I'll ever be, all I ever see me being.