• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Am I okay after taking so much codeine?

deadendgame

Bluelighter
I took some codeine yesterday. The only reason I took it because I have malaise over my entire body, predominately in the chest area, and I didn't know anything else that stopped the pain. I took 12 x T3's which is a combo of 360 mg codeine and 3600 mg acetominophen. It was spread over 4 hours so I did not really take it all at once. But I took alot, I dunno. That is what I am trying to confirm. I kept track of my acetominophen dose making sure it was not over 4000, but I don't know if that was the right thing to do? I read some scary ass shit that says that "you shouldn't take more than 2000" or "your organs might fail" and all this bullshit about oh! if you take too much codeine, you're screwed and it was like they were making a big effing deal out of it. My question is, is it a big effing deal? Should I get my liver enzymes checked? I don't want to spend 3K$ to find out that my liver enzymes are okay, but I don't want to assume anything. It's day two, and I feel much better. In fact, I feel like I never took the codeine at all even though it is still in my system. Last night was a little scary cuz i was having some side effects like calamity, coldness, and rapid heartbeat. But I slept it off and I honestly don't feel a thing today. Can I just walk away from this experience and just never do this shit again? I mean, clearly, I will never fuck with this again, but do I need to check myself into the ER or go see a doctor? I was also taking 200 traz to sleep. I really did learn my lesson but if I need to go back and check my liver enzymes, I will do it. But honestly, I feel zero side effects today. Have I also mentioned that I'm Asian? That makes me a "slow"/"no" metabolizer right?

If you only took 3600mg of paracetamol, you're fine. Even if you took double that much and you are a grown man, they probably won't even bother with administering N-acetyl-cysteine as there's no point. If, however, you've been doing this regularly for a while, then it is a problem. This is not the case for you so it's fine. Just don't make it a regular habit, and if you are going to, you need to remove the paracetamol by filtration.