• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I in for nasty opiate WD?

Hey guys day 4 , and definitely in full WD.. Was definitely not the time to jump off yet. Question answered. Dealing with extreme anxiety, cravings, runny nose, watery eyes, yawning, goosebumps, constant urinating, and GI upset. I have an appointment with the doc tomorrow to help me with a taper, going to use heroin here in the next hour hopefully. Thanks for all your input guys. Big help.

I am on day eight of methadone withdrawal and it is what nightmares are made of.
When I was in my 20's ( I am 40 now) I had three kids with no pain Meds. To say the very least I am a bad ass. But going they methadone withdrawal is way worse than child birth and I heard Suboxone is the same monster. My doctor sister who was close to a suboxone researcher said this:
" Suboxone, like methadone; has not only a long half life in the body but also an incredible affinity for the Miu receptor; making it a very long, miserable break. Suboxone and methadone can change the shape of the receptor making the snug fit even tighter"
These threads have made me calm down a lot as I expected this WD to be over or at least better by now and it's good to see that every HORRIBLE thing I go thru has been gone thru before and I just need to hang in there.
Good luck to you. Try vit C sodium ascorbate and mega dosing the vit powder. Try getting the Robotussin that has ONLY DXM in the ingredients. Try getting a small batch of Bali top shelf Kratom ( as ALL other Kratom to me is too speedy)
I took Kratom with phenibut. The high and pleasant feelings were unbelievable. But you CANNOT take phenibut again for the next three days since it wrecks havoc in your receptors and Brain chemistry. but it is a nice thing to do every couple of days since u r in it for the long haul.
Nux Vomica 200 c homeopathy helps me sleep. Take care and keep me posted

i don't know how you all do it; going through full blown WD's. maybe i'm just a wimp about it, but i cannot stand more than a handful of hours trying to do it, nevermind toughing out the whole cycle. for whatever it's worth, i wish nothing but quick relief for your symptoms & keep going.

So which do you find more difficult? At one point your saying bupe WD's are milder, but then say H, a full agonist is "a lot easier to endure" then Bupe WD. Bupe WD is longer..but certainly a full agonist like Dope is a harsher WD, no?
I was saying that if you taper, the wds are easier to endure.. Dope WD has harsher symptoms, bupe WD lasts weeks.. Pick your poison.

- Hopeless..

agreed w/ the above - a taper, although it takes a ton of willpower - is the way to go if you have the funds and don't want to jump off as-is. in my experience, i've tapered from a 1G a day habit, down .05 each day. and jumped off at 0.1mg a day & it wasn't nearly as bad as jumping off without doing so. still kind of brutal, but nothing a few days in bed and a little loperamide can't fix.

in a perfect world i'd jump off with limited subs, but not everyone has access to that.