• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Am I going to die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmetalstoner

Bluelighter
So SWIM took 120mg of Adderall to fight meth cravings. SWIM ended up at Walmart and bought him self a small bottle of Robo and a butane refill canister(what I orignallly came for). SWIM drank 118mg of DXM cough syrup(Robitussin Cough+Chest Congestion) also containing 4,720mg of GUAIFENESIN. SWIM soon after read that This combination could've deadly or cause SWIM mental damages. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the ER asap, combining Adderall, DXM and guaifenesin (you took twice the max recommend daily dosage!! ) is extremely dangerous.

And btw, we don't use swim

Yeah swim's already dead went down with "the hive" way back in the history of the internet.

But I would seek medical attention as I'd be concerned with blood pressure and heart rate. You probably won't die but "probably won't" in the same sentence as "death" when your talking about drugs is good enough for me to want to make sure by going to the ER. There's no shame in living another day however if you could be you'd be embarrassed you died from this.

Go to the hospital. Tell the doctors and nurses what you took. You will not get into any legal trouble. Stay safe.

FYI, we don't use SWIM here this is not drugs forums.

Just in case you're confused OP, this is a situation where you would want to get checked out by a medical professional. It's really no sweat, I've done it more than a few times in my life, maybe not for these precise circumstances, but I know what it's like to go through the embarassment. It sucks but it's not worth potentially damaging your body or wondering for the rest of your life if you have.

For everyone who happens to be reading this thread, there's no good reason to be consuming Dextromethorphan combination products. Undesirable substances like Guaifinesin, Chlorpheniramine, APAP and others are frequently found in DXM containing medicines. None of them contribute positively to the recreational experience and some can in fact hurt you. Where I am, at least in the United States, there are Dextromethorphan-only containing products. Wal-Mart and Walgreens both sell DXM-only gel caps.

OP, I feel you should have approached the situation differently, and been self-informed, but it's all good! I've been there too. It'll be a learning experience, no doubt haha, Dextroamphetamine and Levoamphetamine at such high doses, which are kinda concerning on their own Neurologically, should not be combined with things like Dextromethorphan. 118mg DXM isn't an extremely high dose, but it's an interesting dissociative. However, 120mg of Amphetamine(Very potent CNS Psychostimulant) + 118mg of DXM(Potent Morphanin, Dissociative, Mild Psychedelic) is not the wisest combination, due to heavy neurotoxicity. I am interested in how the vibe would be, but the side effects outweigh the positive effects for me, personally. You are going to be absolutely fine, just drink clean water and lots of it! Eat green foods, exercise, and meditate, think healthy. Update us, please, if you are alright! Your neural pathways will heal, in time.

- Indigo Dahli

Yeah swim's already dead went down with "the hive" way back in the history of the internet.

But I would seek medical attention as I'd be concerned with blood pressure and heart rate. You probably won't die but "probably won't" in the same sentence as "death" when your talking about drugs is good enough for me to want to make sure by going to the ER. There's no shame in living another day however if you could be you'd be embarrassed you died from this.

Whoa szuko, you freaked me out for a moment with "swim's already dead". Thought you were talking about OP for a moment.

As for OP's question, you should probably go with Priest's and szuko's advice. Even if you feel fine, you'll want to play it safe.

Whoa szuko, you freaked me out for a moment with "swim's already dead". Thought you were talking about OP for a moment.

LOL I assure you that was not my intent, apologies if my phrasing with its morbid humor caught some off guard. I didnt even consider that

I just posted in Tyler Holders thread. For all of you unaware, his handle was Dextromethorphine (sp?) and he died following a post asking us about a deadly combo of effexor, ambien, lyrica, and DXM he had already consumed.

Please be careful and educate yourselves if you're gonna abuse DXM, especially if you're a poly-drug user.

Damn.. RIP, enjoy the next life to the brother.

Stay clear, open, and deeply informed. Always do your research!!

Stay balanced.

Yeah, dude passed away as a result of serotonin syndrome. He took the stuff, THEN asked the questions. Bad mistake...

Alright, the OP seems to be alive (he posted today), even though the combo is extremely dangerous and no one should try it.
So imo this thread serves no purpose anymore so I'm closing it for now.
PM me if you want me to re-open it

Status
Not open for further replies.