• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Am i getting addicted to benzos ?

MindTricks

Bluelighter
Ill get some vallium diazepam about 10 to 30 10mg pills maybe like once every 2-3 month. Iv been doing this for about a year or more. Thats if i able to score them of course. Sometimes i just wont have any for a month.

I mainly get them so i have them for comedowns after i have been taking drugs like mdma / speed / coke. It just makes life so much easier, i can sleep right away and dont feel like shit next day. Its a life saver, also if i am having bad time on uppers it helps to calm me down.

However, i also use them sometimes to help me fall a sleep, only 1/4 of 10mg pill, that usually knocks me out. I also recently started using 2/4 of a pill maybe like 2-4 times per week. Only after i get very high on weed, it helps me to stop getting paranoid and just makes whole being very stoned experience more enjoyable.

I have never enjoyed Valium on its on, i just dont get high or any kick out of it.

I know Valium is a very dangerous addiction, am i already an addicts or on my way of becoming one ?

any tips, help much appreciated

Yeah man you're well on your way to becoming addicted but if you can go for a month without any benzos this is good, you can stop before it gets a lot worse. At the very least revert to taking them only when on comedowns and be strict with yourself, but this would be a dangerous game. Just stop now if at all possible :)

I used to take benzos for comedowns, it took a little while but it became all the time and as I'm sure you know they are a bitch to get off

good call man, im just gonna keep like 5 pills for emergency comedown and i know for a fact i will never use them on their own. Its very important to me that i have some for a comedown, i just cant handle them anymore with out vals.

Only reason why i am getting like 30 pills is because its minimum amount i can purchase this days, so when i have a lot iam just like what the hell lets have some xD i used to get etiz online 10 pack but they not legal anymore.

Thx just needed some reassurance :)

Depends on how you define addiction. You may have some degree of physical dependence if you've been using several times a week. Diazepam has an extremely long half life so you may have rebound symptoms (minor wds) if you stop, they will only get worse over time if you keep taking it.

Last year I was in that situation myself, taking low doses of diazepam mostly for comedowns and the occasional anxiety. I took it maybe 2-3times a week maximum and I felt pretty anxious when I decided to stop. Didn't have that problem with alprazolam because of its shorter half life. Though short acting benzos are harder to quit once you've been using them daily.

Sounds like your on that road man. I agree with the posters above me. It sounds like you're already psychologically dependent, and with most gaba drugs, that can easily turn into a full blown physical addiction.

I would say try to space out your doses as much as possible and only use them when you really need it. Stay safe :)

If you aren't scripted them, I would definitely watch yourself, and try not to take them daily, if you don't know for sure you will always be able to get more.. I mean if you take numerous 10mg valium a day, or even just 10mg a day, your setting your self up for one hell of an addiction, that is very hard to kick.. once I knew I was dependent on benzos, klonopin to be specific, the first time I was on it, it was like 2 months or less into taking them, and I stupidly took too many of them a few different days, out of my script.. then was unable to refill them any where because I was like 3 days early for the actuall refill date.. it sucked ass, I felt like death as each hour passed, and went like 2 days with nothing... I always made sure not to take too many, and have none left when I needed them, once dependent.. I took extras for the same reasons as you OP. To ease comedowns from stimulants like coke or crack at that time... now I only do coke very rarely, and I only will allow myself to take 1mg extra each time I do it, to ease the uneasy comedown I always get from any form of coke, no matter how I do it.. it always sucks, and I need benzos, already for life in general, I have natural terrible general/social anxiety and panic disorders, and klonopin works great, so does valium too.. I was also prescribed that for a while, it is just as good for any kind of stim comedown.. I love them both, I am currently back on kpins tho now.. and its a total lifesaver of a drug in the right hands, but without a prescription and almost guaranteed daily supply of any benzo, its going to suck when taking them daily for a month or more, and then stopping abruptly.. I would try and get prescribed them, if you feel you may need them for everyday life, or just discontinue taking them slowly, and taper each day.. see what happens, if you can still stop them, and aren't someone like me who really needs benzos, to live everyday life, then I would stop while its still not too bad to come off them..