• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Am I feeling withdrawal symtoms of ecstacy

DankasaurusTx

Greenlighter
Hey everyone new to this and wanted to clarity on what other have felt in this similar situation. About a month ago today I want to say I was using ecstacy taking about 6-12 pills that month not all at once but in fragments here and there, for a while everything was fine I was smoking weed as I usually do without any form of problems then 2 weeks after my last use of E I started feeling some really bad symptoms. Symtoms included suicidal tendencies, fatigue, depressions, nausea, loss of appetite, left arm and chest tightness, shortness of breath, palpitations and weird dreams. It's been about 1 going on 2 weeks and a month in total from my last use. Most of the symtoms went away like my arm feeling tight, nausea, I can control my heart rate when it gets rapid, depressions faded, suicidal tendencies gone. But the other day without knowing and to my knowledge since I was feeling a bit better I smoked a few puffs of weed which was a big mistake. I suddenly became in a panic and for the life of me couldn't control my heart rate which causes me to feel really terrible and wasn't the same high I usually get from it. I get shortness of breath for periods of time since then and the only think I've takin was fish oil to combat the depression and for it to help me sleep better as I would read that's what it would help me do. What I'm wondering is if these feeling are all normal from the break away of E, and what should I avoid to not feel these things all together? I've stopped all use of anything such as weed etc, I've been working normally and really don't notice or have it bother me threwout my workday but at times when I'm trying to sleep I'll feel like muscle spasms either my arm or leg jumps on its own. Read a couple forums but wanted to get some recent clarifications if anyone would take the time to help me threw my idiotic mess. I've told myself this would be the last time I ever do anything like that as it's the worst feeling on the planet to go threw this and feel the way I do to where it kinda causes me to worry. I'd appreciate everyone's help and again thank you for taking the time to read this.

MDMA doesn't cause withdrawal symptoms. I'd say that it's pretty clear that you have/had an anxiety/depression disorder. Many people experience this at some point in their lives, and they can be exasperated/incurred by many factors; lifestyle, diet, drug use, current situation, inecurities, job status, relationship status, loneliness, poor or mediocre health, worrying, addiction, prescription drugs, etc. It is a normal part of being human and can usually be mitigated/overcome by improving the factors which are causing you issues, along with time. It can also be used as a platform for growth and to have a better hold/understanding on anxiety/depression than you did before. I would highly recommend mindfulness/meditation. You do not have to allow your thoughts to control you (i.e worrying). Get some books are check our some websites/youtube videos on the subject. :)

Also, weed is quite notorious for causing/exasperating anxiety, especially if you have an anxiety disorder. Your name indicates that you are a fan of weed, and it clearly triggered a bout of anxiety/panic attack. Avoid at all costs. Same goes for all other drugs.

With regards to sleep, anxiety can be a bitch for trying to sleep. Try to still your thoughts when sleeping, and also get up at the same time every day. Avoid lie ins. I was having trouble sleeping and I took to setting my alarm for 9 o clock every day, then ensuring I always got at least 9 hours (the ideal amount for me). It can help to use a smart phone calender to remind you to go to bed. You might feel more tired at first, but try to develop a solid sleep pattern.

A hypnic jerk, hypnagogic jerk, sleep start, sleep twitch or night start, is an involuntary twitch which occurs just as a person is beginning to fall asleep, often causing them to awaken suddenly for a moment.

^This explains the muscle spasms etc. It's very normal and happens to me on a regular basis. They can also become exasperated by anxiety/poor sleeping patterns/drug use/etc. They are harmless and pretty normal. :)

I'm going to have to say it was the ecstacy because on it I felt the arm and chest tightness but I dealt with it as it was temporary, again after I stopped i felt the symtoms occur weeks after. I didn't eat very much as it didn't give me an appetite, I guess a mixture of coming off of it after a month of abuse, drinking, smoking and poor overall eating habit may have caused to double up all at once. I do feel I have anxiety but was never bad as it was like when I smoked weed the last time which scared me it's not touching it anymore. At times when I was on ecstacy I would feel like the palpitations occurred and my head would spin later on in the night from it. I've read forums where people have had withdrawal periods from it basically stating the same thing. I'm on my 2nd week and again all symtoms have faded just left with dizziness while working and my work is painting in and outside of houses. While I'm at work I'll feel the dizziness come and go but today it felt as if the heat had got to me to where the palpitations came and I felt faint. Took a shower and a nap which helped me feel a bit better. Brain zaps aren't that severe anymore but are there. Since then I've been away from it all and don't bother even wanting to get close to anything that may effect my period of recovery from it all. Really sucks to have felt this way all of a sudden when nothing like this ever happened to me before. Won't lie that I've been dealing with depression here and there with anxiety but would simply brush it off as nothing and dealt with it.

I really appreciate your help and words. Gonna agree also that everything you described more or less is what I was going threw since I moved out to another state for a better job and lifestyle for me and my family, the period away from them did depress me often and would cause me to induce into drinking and taking pills which was never me to begin with. So you could also be 100% right about the anxiety/depression disorder. Theyll be out her soon to finally end this nightmare of depression and loneliness that I've felt since being away, this whole experience has helped me take a new lead in how I want to take care of myself and combat my anxiety and depression.

this whole experience has helped me take a new lead in how I want to take care of myself and combat my anxiety and depression.

That's the spirit. :)

I wasn't saying that the ecstasy didn't trigger the anxiety, or bring it to the forefront, but just that anxiety and depression are a natural part of being human, and there are usually numerous underlying causes at play. Very few people learn to control and mitigate their anxieties and fears during the course of their lives, so take the chance to work this to your advantage. :)

Things that can help:
-mindfulness
-meditation
-yoga
-healthy food
-exercise
-nature