• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I Dabbing Wrong?

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Picture of the rig: http://m.imgur.com/k3doOqP
I have the dome on the left.

Hi everyone.
I recently started dabbing cannabis concentrates after I bought a little rig. It's been working alright but I'm pretty positive something is wrong with it or how I'm dabbing.

It has a glass nail with a dome which isn't attached to it. I heat it with a butane torch until the nail gets dark grey, so usually around 20 seconds. I put the dome over it real quick and using my dabber I apply the wax.

Not all the time do I get a dab off this though, sometimes no smoke comes even if I make the nail red hot, it seems random. I usually cover the dome to have all the smoke build up in it and then inhale it which is what works best.

I know I probably sound like an idiot to people who dab usually.

I'm pretty sure the main problem is that it may be clogged? The nail and where the nail is put into gets very sticky after I dab and it cools down. You can see the wax build up on the inside of where you put the nail very clearly. Then again perhaps I'm not putting enough/too much water in the rig? I usually fill it up to the bottom of the purple.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Picture of the rig again: http://m.imgur.com/k3doOqP

tl;dr - im an amateur. i think im dabbing wrong or my rig is fucked. wax doesnt always vaporize correctly even on red hot nail. nail and where u put the nail into gets sticky as fuck after one dab and there is wax buildup on the inside. maybe im not putting enough/too much water? help = appreciated. thx.

its bc your using a cheap glass nail that came with the rig. those really arent meant ot use, they suck. go get a titianium nail $20 and your set OR your torch sucks. a small torch wont work. its git to be BIG. the nail has to glow red hot. if u cant get youe nail to glow red with your torch its ptob not a real dab torch.,,,,,,

Also your not suppose to put wax on it while its red hot, u wait till its still hot but not glowing basically (so many seconds u can google tips) otherwise it will be vaporized and very harsh wasting most of ur product. Welcome to the best way to smoke, how ur grandchildren are going to smoke normally lol

You're not heating the nail enough. Heat to red hot then allow to cool for 15-20 (or more) seconds.

Should really get a new nail though. Go with a trusted titanium nail like Highly Educated--easiest and safest to use.

Those nails that come with the rigs are meant mainly for display. I agree about Highly Educated and that's what I mainly use but quartz and ceramic nails can also be nice.

Try lower temperature dabs like mentioned above. Doesn't need to be red hot and is actually bad for it to be when you dab it. The oil you see collecting on the surfaces is normal. It's called reclaim. You can wash your rig and take it orally or dab it but I normally don't bother, as I have a recycler that really minimizes the reclaim I used to get off the larger piece I was using.